Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 Zone : Date command in crontab shows delayed(One Hour) output Post 302770341 by jlliagre on Friday 15th of February 2013 10:00:17 AM
Old 02-15-2013
Setting the expected timezone in the script called from cron should workaround the issue, eg:

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
export TZ=Europe/Paris
DT=`date '+%y%m%d-%H:%M'`
LOG=/tmp/test.out
echo $DT >> $LOG

Alternatively, set/fix TZ in /etc/default/init and reboot the zone.

Last edited by jlliagre; 02-15-2013 at 11:38 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting the date in crontab command

Hi All, There is a requirement to create a file everyday using the cronjob with the date as its name. any suggestions for the crontab command that'll serve this purpose? e.g. 02 30 * * * touch abcd.`date +%d.%m.%y` needless to say.. this doesn't work.. looking fwd to lots of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting date output based on time zone

Hi, We have a server in US and hence while the command "date" is given it gives the output in EDT. If I want the date output in MET, how can I get it. Please let me know how I could do it in the script which is ksh. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
1 Replies

3. Solaris

prtdiag output for Solaris on Fujitsu hardware shows vendor as Sun Microsystems

Hello, I was under the impression that the Header of the prtdiag output shows the hardware vendor information in the section between System Configuration and sun4u/sun4us. But on some Solaris machines which are running on Fujitsu hardware, the vendor is shown as Sun Microsystems in this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chattygk
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Crontab & TOP output

Hello Guru's I'm trying to take the output of solaris top command and output to a txt file every few minutes. The issue that I'm experiencing is that I can run the following: #!/bin/bash # logfile="/usr/mvf/morris/top.log" # echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlemorris
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Df -k command shows duplicate information in Solaris machine, How to get the exact disk space

While getting the total disk space in solaris machine using df -k command, i am getting the same disk info for every user available in that system. Is there any way to remove it. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris 573898752... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab in Solaris zone

Hi, I created some cron entries in one of the 4 zones in Solaris 10. Now I want to edit it and unable to find the crontab file crontab -l gives : unable to open crontab file /usr/spool/cron/crontabs doesn't have the crontab file Hence, I did ifconfig -a and tried to login with the 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Global Zone getting crontab info from zone

Hi, First post. I have a script that I am having a little trouble with and I hope someone can help. I will post the code for your input, but I want to read the lines of a file and use this as input to a command in a while loop... #!/bin/sh # # ### Variables MSG=/tmp/tmptest.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakelly
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
DATETIME.SETTIMEZONE(3) 						 1						   DATETIME.SETTIMEZONE(3)

DateTime::setTimezone - Sets the time zone for the DateTime object

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setTimezone (DateTimeZone $timezone) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_timezone_set (DateTime $object, DateTimeZone $timezone) Sets a new timezone for a DateTime object. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $timezone - A DateTimeZone object representing the desired time zone. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setTimeZone(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01', new DateTimeZone('Pacific/Nauru')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; $date->setTimezone(new DateTimeZone('Pacific/Chatham')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2000-01-01', timezone_open('Pacific/Nauru')); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; date_timezone_set($date, timezone_open('Pacific/Chatham')); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; ?> The above examples will output: 2000-01-01 00:00:00+12:00 2000-01-01 01:45:00+13:45 SEE ALSO
DateTime.getTimezone(3), DateTimeZone.__construct(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETTIMEZONE(3)