Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: While loop variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While loop variable Post 302770328 by netdbaind on Friday 15th of February 2013 08:26:03 AM
Old 02-15-2013
While loop variable

Code:
while read -r tabname rem
do
  select count(*) from $tabname" > /dev/null
  RC=$?
  if [[ $RC != 0 ]]
  then
         echo "error on $tabname" >> error.out

fi
done

well in above code i need the echo "error on $tabname" to come in separate o/p file which show the table name whc doesn't pass RC =0. but not getting any o/p in erro.out.Any thing that need to check.??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable in a for loop

Hi... i am trying to ping my servers .The hostnames are present in a file .They are separated by spaces in the file . i am doing the following : a=1 for name in $(cat host2 |cut -d" " -f$a) do echo Pinging server $name ping -c5 $name a=$a+1 done It is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop through variable

i have these data in a variable "$test" BUNGA TERATAI 3 5055 ITH 1 1 JADE TRADER 143W ITH 4 4 MOL SPLENDOR 0307A ITH 3 3 the red coloured are the ones that i want to take and compare what I need to do is to take out the red coloured and then compare to another variable, if same then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop Variable

Hi, Is it possible to assign one variable to other. eg. v1="table1" v2="20000" I want table1 to assign 20000 table1=20000 Is there any way? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SushilM
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with variable using loop

Hi I have webserver that I do read data from. Data are stored like this: Huston |1 Portland |2 Hazen |1 Minneapolis |4 Albany |1 Pittsburg |1 Albany |1 Huston |1 Portland|1 Hazen |2 Albany |2 Huston |1 Hazen |1 Script #!/bin/sh user="admin" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jotne
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop with one variable as the name of other

Hello all, I find it hard to explain what I need so I will post the code OVZINCLUDE="16810 16811 1689" PLUS_16810="test" PLUS_16811="test" for VPS in $OVZINCLUDE do echo "Dumping VPSes: $OVZINCLUDE " vzdump --compress --snapshot ${PLUS_$VPS} $VPS done ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: click
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SHELL: /bin/sh] For loop using variable variable names

Simple enough problem I think, I just can't seem to get it right. The below doesn't work as intended, it's just a function defined in a much larger script: CheckValues() { for field in \ Group_ID \ Group_Title \ Rule_ID \ Rule_Severity \ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing variable with variable suffix through loop

I have a group of variables myLINEcnt1 - myLINEcnt10. I'm trying to printout the values using a for loop. I am at the head banging stage since i'm sure it has to be a basic syntax issue that i can't figure out. For myIPgrp in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10; do here i want to output the value of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop and variable not exactly variable: what's wrong

Hello guys, This truly is a newbie question. I'm trying to make a loop to execute simultaneous commands indefinitely while using variable. Here is how my mess looks like (this is just an example): #!/bin/bash IP=`shuf -n 1 IP.txt` # I figured this would be easier to select random lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobylapointe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies
OCI_FIELD_NAME(3)														 OCI_FIELD_NAME(3)

oci_field_name - Returns the name of a field from the statement

SYNOPSIS
string oci_field_name (resource $statement, mixed $field) DESCRIPTION
Returns the name of the $field. PARAMETERS
o $statement - A valid OCI statement identifier. o $field - Can be the field's index (1-based) or name. RETURN VALUES
Returns the name as a string, or FALSE on errors. EXAMPLES
Example #1 oci_field_name(3) example <?php // Create the table with: // CREATE TABLE mytab (number_col NUMBER, varchar2_col varchar2(1), // clob_col CLOB, date_col DATE); $conn = oci_connect("hr", "hrpwd", "localhost/XE"); if (!$conn) { $m = oci_error(); trigger_error(htmlentities($m['message']), E_USER_ERROR); } $stid = oci_parse($conn, "SELECT * FROM mytab"); oci_execute($stid, OCI_DESCRIBE_ONLY); // Use OCI_DESCRIBE_ONLY if not fetching rows echo "<table border="1"> "; echo "<tr>"; echo "<th>Name</th>"; echo "<th>Type</th>"; echo "<th>Length</th>"; echo "</tr> "; $ncols = oci_num_fields($stid); for ($i = 1; $i <= $ncols; $i++) { $column_name = oci_field_name($stid, $i); $column_type = oci_field_type($stid, $i); echo "<tr>"; echo "<td>$column_name</td>"; echo "<td>$column_type</td>"; echo "</tr> "; } echo "</table> "; // Outputs: // Name Type // NUMBER_COL NUMBER // VARCHAR2_COL VARCHAR2 // CLOB_COL CLOB // DATE_COL DATE oci_free_statement($stid); oci_close($conn); ?> NOTES
Note In PHP versions before 5.0.0 you must use ocicolumnname(3) instead. This name still can be used, it was left as alias of oci_field_name(3) for downwards compatability. This, however, is deprecated and not recommended. SEE ALSO
oci_num_fields(3), oci_field_type(3), oci_field_size(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_FIELD_NAME(3)