Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract string from XML
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract string from XML Post 302770313 by mohtashims on Friday 15th of February 2013 07:08:45 AM
Old 02-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by panyam
Something like this:

Code:
 awk -F"[<->]" ' BEGIN { myh="";myp="7001" }
 /<\/server>/ { exit } 
 /<server>/ { s = 1 ; }
 s && /<listen-address>/ {  myh=$3; }  
 /<listen-port>/ {  myp=$3 ;}
 END { print "host:"myh"\t port->"myp }' sample

But will this populate the hostname command if <listen-address> tag is not found ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed extract from xml

I have an xml file that generally looks like this: "<row><dnorpattern>02788920</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>\+ 44146322XXXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>40XXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>11</dn... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garboon
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value from XML

I have a file like below <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body><ns2:executeMDXResponse... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML - Split And Extract String between Chars

Hi, I am trying to read the records from file and split into multiple files. SourceFile.txt <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unme
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract a string between two words in XML file

i need to extract the string between two tags, input file is <PersonInfoShipTo AddressID="446311709" AddressLine1="" AddressLine2="" AddressLine3="" AddressLine4="" AddressLine5="" AddressLine6="" AlternateEmailID="" Beeper="" City="" Company="" Country="" DayFaxNo="" DayPhone="" Department=""... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I extract XML block around matching search string?

I want to extract XML block surrounding search string Ex: print XML block for string "myapp1-ear" surrounded by "<application> .. </application>" Input XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <deployment-request> <requestor> <first-name>kchinnam</first-name> ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies
DOM(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  DOM(3pm)

NAME
XML::Generator::DOM - XML::Generator subclass for producing DOM trees instead of strings. SYNOPSIS
use XML::Generator::DOM; my $dg = XML::Generator::DOM->new(); my $doc = $dg->xml($dg->xmlcmnt("Test document."), $dg->foo({'baz' => 'bam'}, 42)); print $doc->toString; yields: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <!--Test document--> <foo baz="bam">42</foo> DESCRIPTION
XML::Generator::DOM subclasses XML::Generator in order to produce DOM trees instead of strings (see XML::Generator and XML::DOM). This module is still experimental and its semantics might change. Essentially, tag methods return XML::DOM::DocumentFragment objects, constructed either from a DOM document passed into the constructor or a default document that XML::Generator::DOM will automatically construct. Calling the xml() method will return this automatically constructed document and cause a fresh one to be constructed for future tag method calls. If you passed in your own document, you may not call the xml() method. Below, we just note the remaining differences in semantics between XML::Generator methods and XML::Generator::DOM methods. CONSTRUCTOR
These configuration options are accepted but have no effect on the semantics of the returned object: escape, pretty, conformance and empty. TAG METHODS
Subsequently, tag method semantics are somewhat different for this module compared to XML::Generator. The primary difference is that tag method return XML::DOM::DocumentFragment objects. Namespace and attribute processing remains the same, but remaining arguments to tag methods must either be text or other XML::DOM::DocumentFragment objects. No escape processing, syntax checking, or output control is done; this is all left up to XML::DOM. SPECIAL TAGS
All special tags are available by default with XML::Generator::DOM; you don't need to use 'conformance' => 'strict'. xmlpi(@args) Arguments will simply be concatenated and passed as the data to the XML::DOM::ProcessingInstruction object that is returned. xmlcmnt Escaping of '--' is done by XML::DOM::Comment, which replaces both hyphens with '&#45;'. An XML::DOM::Comment object is returned. xmldecl Returns an XML::DOM::XMLDecl object. Respects 'version', 'encoding' and 'dtd' settings in the object. xmldecl Returns an XML::DOM::DocumentType object. xmlcdata Returns an XML::DOM::CDATASection object. xml As described above, xml() can only be used when dom_document was not set in the object. The automatically created document will have its XML Declaration set and the arguments to xml() will be appended to it. Then a new DOM document is automatically generated and the old one is returned. This is the only way to get a DOM document from this module. perl v5.12.4 2004-03-23 DOM(3pm)