Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract string from XML
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract string from XML Post 302770292 by mohtashims on Friday 15th of February 2013 05:55:55 AM
Old 02-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Try this to print the listen-address in exactly the first <server>...</server> tag, or the hostname if missing/empty:
Code:
awk     'BEGIN {"hostname" | getline HN}
         /<\/server>/ {exit}
         /<server>/   {s=1}
         /<listen-address>/&& s {gsub (/<.?listen-address>| */, "")
                                 LA = $0
                                }
         END            {print LA?LA:HN
                        }
        ' file
myadminhost

This is more close to my request as it considers the first <server> tag only. However,

1. I would like read the result in a variable (myhost) and

2. for another tag <listen-port> if missing in the first <server> tag then would like to assign "7001" to "myport" variable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed extract from xml

I have an xml file that generally looks like this: "<row><dnorpattern>02788920</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>\+ 44146322XXXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>40XXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>11</dn... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garboon
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value from XML

I have a file like below <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body><ns2:executeMDXResponse... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML - Split And Extract String between Chars

Hi, I am trying to read the records from file and split into multiple files. SourceFile.txt <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unme
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract a string between two words in XML file

i need to extract the string between two tags, input file is <PersonInfoShipTo AddressID="446311709" AddressLine1="" AddressLine2="" AddressLine3="" AddressLine4="" AddressLine5="" AddressLine6="" AlternateEmailID="" Beeper="" City="" Company="" Country="" DayFaxNo="" DayPhone="" Department=""... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I extract XML block around matching search string?

I want to extract XML block surrounding search string Ex: print XML block for string "myapp1-ear" surrounded by "<application> .. </application>" Input XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <deployment-request> <requestor> <first-name>kchinnam</first-name> ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies
ID3_GET_VERSION(3)							 1							ID3_GET_VERSION(3)

id3_get_version - Get version of an ID3 tag

SYNOPSIS
int id3_get_version (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
id3_get_version(3) retrieves the version(s) of the ID3 tag(s) in the MP3 file. If a file contains an ID3 v1.1 tag, it always contains a 1.0 tag, as version 1.1 is just an extension of 1.0. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The path to the MP3 file Instead of a filename you may also pass a valid stream resource RETURN VALUES
Returns the version number of the ID3 tag of the file. As a tag can contain ID3 v1.x and v2.x tags, the return value of this function should be bitwise compared with the predefined constants ID3_V1_0, ID3_V1_1 and ID3_V2. EXAMPLES
Example #1 id3_get_version(3) example <?php $version = id3_get_version( "path/to/example.mp3" ); if ($version & ID3_V1_0) { echo "Contains a 1.x tag "; } if ($version & ID3_V1_1) { echo "Contains a 1.1 tag "; } if ($version & ID3_V2) { echo "Contains a 2.x tag "; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: Contains a 1.x tag Contains a 1.1 tag SEE ALSO
id3_set_tag(3), id3_get_tag(3), id3_remove_tag(3). PHP Documentation Group ID3_GET_VERSION(3)