Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL for postfix or sendmail
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ACL for postfix or sendmail Post 302770131 by DGPickett on Thursday 14th of February 2013 01:50:20 PM
Old 02-14-2013
Possible in sendmail but if it takes rewrite rules, very demanding. You mean incoming mail will be relayed to one of several hosts by domain? Nothing delivered locally? Or are you talking about outgoing mail? ACL is a file permission thing, usually.

Postfix is pretty standard about this sort of thing: Postfix SMTP relay and access control

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Problem under mailx/sendmail command

Update: Problem solved with this command: /opt/soc/bin/postfix-setup ================================ Hi, I am trying the following mailx command: sadm@edwardwi-z:/etc$ mailx ewijaya@gmail.com Subject: test foo . . EOT But it gives the following error ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail tranmission issue: Postfix/Sendmail

Hi, I have email that is being routed from one server to another server it seems. The sending server has postfix running and the receiving server has sendmail running. The sendmail status is receiving connection. The sending server cannot seem to reach the receiving server. Error logs state... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Replace sendmail with Postfix

Hi, I am assigned to replace sendmail with Postfix in solaris 10. Can anyone please tell what are the steps should be taken like files to backup and what are the configurations should be taken care and so on??????? Appreciate any help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

French characters in postfix/sendmail

Hello again, How can I send emails via postfix with special characters like "à" via postfix. When I'm paste-ing the special character inside a editor (nano) it shows like this --> � ... any tips? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galford
1 Replies
SHOWQ(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SHOWQ(8)

NAME
showq - list the Postfix mail queue SYNOPSIS
showq [generic Postfix daemon options] DESCRIPTION
The showq daemon reports the Postfix mail queue status. It is the program that emulates the sendmail `mailq' command. The showq daemon can also be run in stand-alone mode by the super-user. This mode of operation is used to emulate the `mailq' command while the Postfix mail system is down. SECURITY
The showq daemon can run in a chroot jail at fixed low privilege, and takes no input from the client. Its service port is accessible to local untrusted users, so the service can be susceptible to denial of service attacks. STANDARDS
None. The showq daemon does not interact with the outside world. DIAGNOSTICS
Problems and transactions are logged to syslogd(8). BUGS
The showq daemon runs at a fixed low privilege; consequently, it cannot extract information from queue files in the maildrop directory. SEE ALSO
cleanup(8) canonicalize and enqueue mail pickup(8) local mail pickup service qmgr(8) mail being delivered, delayed mail syslogd(8) system logging LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA SHOWQ(8)