Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZIPX library?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ZIPX library? Post 302770023 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 14th of February 2013 08:01:39 AM
Old 02-14-2013
7zip on windows - free. Create a tar archive on RH. Zip the one archive.
Send it to windows. Unzip and then untar using 7zip.

The unsigned short limit of 65K is an old zip issue. This is why people tar up large numbers of files, then zip just one tar archive.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C library

Does anybody know are there free C library that implements most features of C++ standard library? e.g. I've used Berkeley in-memory db as maps (hash) but this isn't sufficient (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on extracting file with zipx extension

Please guide me in extracting a file with .zipx extension (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
3 Replies

4. Linux

Could static library include static library?

I have some static library(libxxx.a libyyy.a). And I want to generate my library(libzzz.a), libzzz.a will use libxxx.a and libyyy.a I wan't my application only use libzzz.a, (means libzzz.a had include libxxx.a, libyyy.a), how can I do that? Thank you. example: I have zzz.c. I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemagic
4 Replies

5. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

6. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

7. Programming

C++ linking library to a library

Hi All, My application main engine will use a shared library where we do many operation. We are trying to implement the linear algebra operation on the shared library for that I need to link my shared library to the lapack library in /usr/lib. Below is my make file. Can you please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
GPG-ZIP(1)							 GNU Privacy Guard							GPG-ZIP(1)

NAME
gpg-zip - Encrypt or sign files into an archive SYNOPSIS
gpg-zip [options] filename1 [ filename2, ... ] directory1 [ directory2, ... ] DESCRIPTION
gpg-zip encrypts or signs files into an archive. It is an gpg-ized tar using the same format as used by PGP's PGP Zip. OPTIONS
gpg-zip understands these options: --encrypt -e Encrypt data. This option may be combined with --symmetric (for output that may be decrypted via a secret key or a passphrase). --decrypt -d Decrypt data. --symmetric -c Encrypt with a symmetric cipher using a passphrase. The default symmetric cipher used is CAST5, but may be chosen with the --cipher-algo option to gpg. --sign -s Make a signature. See gpg. --recipient user -r user Encrypt for user id user. See gpg. --local-user user -u user Use user as the key to sign with. See gpg. --list-archive List the contents of the specified archive. --output file -o file Write output to specified file file. --gpg gpgcmd Use the specified command gpgcmd instead of gpg. --gpg-args args Pass the specified options to gpg. --tar tarcmd Use the specified command tarcmd instead of tar. --tar-args args Pass the specified options to tar. --version Print version of the program and exit. --help Display a brief help page and exit. EXAMPLES
Encrypt the contents of directory 'mydocs' for user Bob to file 'test1': gpg-zip --encrypt --output test1 --gpg-args -r Bob mydocs List the contents of archive 'test1': gpg-zip --list-archive test1 DIAGNOSTICS
The program returns 0 if everything was fine, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
gpg(1), tar(1), The full documentation for this tool is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If GnuPG and the info program are properly installed at your site, the command info gnupg should give you access to the complete manual including a menu structure and an index. GnuPG 2.0.15 2010-07-05 GPG-ZIP(1)