Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZIPX library?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ZIPX library? Post 302769965 by Indalecio on Thursday 14th of February 2013 04:11:33 AM
Old 02-14-2013
Linux ZIPX library?

Hello,
Our system on a Redhat platform is generating ZIP archives that we then send to another system on a Windows machine. I have no issue generating a ZIP file containing up to 2GB worth of data and 350k files, I can unzip all contents on the machine with no issue, however the remote system on Windows is using WinZip 17 to extract the files and it has a limitation of maximum 65k files in the ZIP.

I am therefore exploring the possibility to send them a zipx archive instead, as they are convinced they would be able to handle this volume of files in this format, however I can't find anything on the internet showing zipx support for Redhat? I know zipx is quite a new format, but I´m surprised I can't find any library on the internet that I could test on my machine. Any advice?

Thanks & Regards
Yann

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C library

Does anybody know are there free C library that implements most features of C++ standard library? e.g. I've used Berkeley in-memory db as maps (hash) but this isn't sufficient (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on extracting file with zipx extension

Please guide me in extracting a file with .zipx extension (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
3 Replies

4. Linux

Could static library include static library?

I have some static library(libxxx.a libyyy.a). And I want to generate my library(libzzz.a), libzzz.a will use libxxx.a and libyyy.a I wan't my application only use libzzz.a, (means libzzz.a had include libxxx.a, libyyy.a), how can I do that? Thank you. example: I have zzz.c. I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemagic
4 Replies

5. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

6. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

7. Programming

C++ linking library to a library

Hi All, My application main engine will use a shared library where we do many operation. We are trying to implement the linear algebra operation on the shared library for that I need to link my shared library to the lapack library in /usr/lib. Below is my make file. Can you please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
VPO(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    VPO(4)

NAME
vpo -- parallel to SCSI interface driver SYNOPSIS
device vpo For one or more SCSI busses: device scbus DESCRIPTION
The vpo driver provide access to parallel port Iomega Zip and Jaz drives. HARDWARE
The vpo driver supports the following parallel to SCSI interfaces: o Adaptec AIC-7110 Parallel to SCSI interface (built-in to Iomega ZIP drives) o Iomega Jaz Traveller interface o Iomega MatchMaker SCSI interface (built-in to Iomega ZIP+ drives) USAGE
The driver should let you use a printer connected to the drive while transferring data. DOS and FreeBSD file systems are supported. When mounting a DOS file system or formating a FreeBSD file system, check the slice of the disk with the fdisk(8) utility. In order to unixify a ZIP disk, put the following in /etc/disktab: zip|zip 100: :ty=removable:se#512:nc#96:nt#64:ns#32: :pa#196608:oa#0:ba#4096:fa#512: :pb#196608:ob#0:bb#4096:fb#512: :pc#196608:oc#0:bc#4096:fc#512: and use bsdlabel(8). If you have trouble with your driver, your parallel chipset may not run properly at the detected mode (NIBBLE, PS2 or EPP). Tune the ppc(4) bootflags to force other modes. SEE ALSO
da(4), lpt(4), ppbus(4), ppc(4), scsi(4) HISTORY
The vpo manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Nicolas Souchu. BUGS
During boot, the driver first tries to detect a classic ZIP, then a ZIP+. The ZIP+ detection is intrusive and may send erroneous characters to your printer if the drive is not connected to your parallel port. BSD
December 14, 2004 BSD