Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script password input
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script password input Post 302769696 by tomies on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 05:04:24 AM
Old 02-13-2013
Shell script password input

hy,

I wrote a simple shell script to monitor (with Nagios) a SNX VPN function. Here the Code snippet:

Code:
testing=`ssh user@IP-address 'ls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0'`

#echo $testing

if [ $testing = "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0" > /dev/null 2>%1 ]; then
        echo "VPN is working"
        exit 0

else    snx -s server -u user
        exit 0
fi

As you could see if the VPN connection is establised I got a simple output text in Nagios. But when the VPN connection isnīt up and running I want to establise a connection with the command "snx -s server -u user".
Than I have to put in a Password manually

Code:
Check Point's Linux SNX
build 800007075
Please enter your password:

And there I run into problems. How could I automate such a login within the script? Any Ideas?

regards
Tommy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script with input parameter

Can anyone help me how to write a shell script which accepts input parameter. My requirement is as follows: I need to run a shell script with a input parameter, and inside the script i will create a file with this input parameter name. Please help me out to create such a shell script. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhmr7
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input to shell script

Hi, I have 10 database instances runnning in one unix box. To connect to each database..i have to set the environment. I am trying to write a shell script to set my environment for database by just tying the oracle instance name After logging into the unix machine... i want to type the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: castlerock
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script with input

Hi all, Here is my shell script #!/bin/sh echo "What is your name" read name echo "What is your surname" read surname echo "Your name is:${name} and your surname is:${surname}" How can I modify this script so that I input those two variables from console?Lets say my name is "first"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to take input from excel for shell script.

i have both linux and windos installed on my pc . i want to take 1st column of excel as in input for my shell script .can anyone tell me how can i achive that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitin_aaa27
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input in shell script

Hello! Need help with the following: #!/bin/bash streamripper http://mp3-live.swr.de/swr2_m.m3u -D ~/RadioMitschnitt -l 200 > /dev/null 2>&1 I want to change the script so that it asks for an input for "-l 200" (means length 200sec) and starts then with the new value for "-l". Can I do this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urug3170
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

password file as std input to script

I'm a fairly new AIX admin (disclaimer). We have SQL scripts written by end users that use a userid and passwd to connect to our DB2 database. Is it possible to create an "input file" that contains the db2 connect parameters and yet secure the file from the SQL creator? i.e., they can "use"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpheine
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to input encrpyted password into htdigest (Apache)

Hey guys, This is my situation. I'm using the script to add a user account, however, i want the same details copied into the htdigest password list. the format is username:virtualservername:hashed/encrypted password. This is the command : sudo htdigest /etc/apache2/passwords... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxxx
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input password to bash script, save, and enter when needed

I am looking for a way to start a script and have it prompt for a password that will be used later on in the script to SSH to another host and to SFTP. I don't want the password to be hard coded. Below is my script with the actual IP's and usernames removed. #!/usr/bin/expect -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help OS X script : password input

Hello Sorry for the question.. i would like to make a script for OS X that allow me to change the password for a user account. i have to use this script on several iMac with the same user/password. i want to store the passwords inside the script, no security problems involved. the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: araan87
9 Replies
PPPOE-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-SETUP(8)

NAME
pppoe-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
pppoe-setup DESCRIPTION
pppoe-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 configuration script for the pppoe-start, pppoe-stop and +pppoe-connect scripts. AUTHOR
pppoe-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-SETUP(8)