Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Why am i getting these strange packets while running my packet capture module written in c.? Post 302769683 by expl on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 04:06:35 AM
Old 02-13-2013
I see nothing wrong with how you assign packet structures or accessing them, I think there is something wrong with how you save/display them. What is 'pktFeatures'? I guess it has to be a global variable because I do not see you defining/declaring it anywhere in the code snippet. Should not use global variables in critical parts like this because they can not be put into registers, meaning code is not going to be anywhere as fast as with local variables, also your code automatically is not thread/signal safe.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to capture multicast packets using snoop

How do I use snoop command to capture multicast packets in the network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caden312
1 Replies

2. AIX

Capture Network Packets from AIX

Hi, I am using smitty to create and configure a print queue. I am giving a print of a text file to the print queue created. I am using this in network. How to capture network packets of the print from AIX to the printer and printer to AIX. I tried Wireshark to capture network packets. I am... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
16 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

capture snmp packets in AIX

Hi, I want to capture snmp packets in AIX. When i give print from AIX6.1, Printer will give its response thru' snmp. I used iptrace command like below, but it is not capturing snmp packets other packets are captured like udp, tcp.. 1. iptrace command: /usr/sbin/iptrace -a -i en0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Capture packets (TcpDump) and forwarding them

Hi, I want to capture a certain type of packets (selected according to the protocol) coming to my PC and then transmit them to another PC. I had the idea to use tcpdump to filter input packets and extract those chosen. Well my questions are: 1- after filtering input packets, those that have not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziedf
1 Replies

5. Programming

Receiving broadcast packets using packet socket

Hello I try to send DHCP RENEW packets to the network and receive the responses. I broadcast the packet and I can see that it's successfully sent using Wireshark. But I have difficulties receiving the responses.I use packet sockets to catch the packets. I can see that there are responses to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
0 Replies

6. Programming

packet capture

can anyone tell me how can i capture the packets. i have tried ethernet software to capture them but its not doing what i want it to do it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
1 Replies

7. Programming

Linking Linux Driver written in C with ASM module

Hi, I have got sample linux driver written in C. I got also some assembly code, compiled into .o file (using as compiler). In my Makefile I got: obj-m += someDriver.o someDriver-objs := CFile1.o CFile2.o ASMFile.o default: $(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modulesUnfortunatelly I cannot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How many packets can be written into Kernel sockets per second?

Hi, Its been a long time since i programmed a multithreaded application that can do Tx and Rx of datagrams over unix sockets. I well remember that though the threads were efficiently designed to be independent of each other, and was writing to different sockets, there was a limitation ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnyjeshan
0 Replies
variable(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       variable(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
variable - create and initialize a namespace variable SYNOPSIS
variable ?name value...? name ?value? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is normally used within a namespace eval command to create one or more variables within a namespace. Each variable name is initialized with value. The value for the last variable is optional. If a variable name does not exist, it is created. In this case, if value is specified, it is assigned to the newly created variable. If no value is specified, the new variable is left undefined. If the variable already exists, it is set to value if value is specified or left unchanged if no value is given. Normally, name is unqualified (does not include the names of any containing namespaces), and the variable is created in the current namespace. If name includes any namespace qualifiers, the variable is created in the specified names- pace. If the variable is not defined, it will be visible to the namespace which command, but not to the info exists command. If the variable command is executed inside a Tcl procedure, it creates local variables linked to the corresponding namespace variables (and therefore these variables are listed by info locals.) In this way the variable command resembles the global command, although the global command only links to variables in the global namespace. If any values are given, they are used to modify the values of the associated namespace variables. If a namespace variable does not exist, it is created and optionally initialized. A name argument cannot reference an element within an array. Instead, name should reference the entire array, and the initialization value should be left off. After the variable has been declared, elements within the array can be set using ordinary set or array commands. SEE ALSO
global(n), namespace(n), upvar(n) KEYWORDS
global, namespace, procedure, variable Tcl 8.0 variable(n)