Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? Post 302769475 by lupin..the..3rd on Tuesday 12th of February 2013 12:10:29 PM
Old 02-12-2013
DRD is a single point-in-time clone of your system.

LVM Mirror is a real-time mirror, equivalent to RAID1.
This User Gave Thanks to lupin..the..3rd For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

2. Solaris

OBP - root / mirror disk syntax

Hi all Can someone explain to me the different syntax regarding how root / mirror disks are represented. I never truely understand the namely / device tress etc. Let me give you an example. On one my my servers, the root and mirror drives are :- A domain on a sunfire 6800 :- ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Mirror the root disk

Hi all I wish to mirror for the root disk, but last time i do, make the server cannot boot up. :p So this time, hope you guys can assist me on it. =) At the last code, is the step i wish to do. Please help to check and correct me if got any wrong. root@leo # format </dev/null Searching for... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
17 Replies

4. Linux

LVM - break mirror taking out orignal copy

Hi Guys, I have a mirrored LVM volume, and wish to break the mirror leaving only copy1 (effectively removing copy 0). Here's the config: # lvs -a -o +devices lvdata vg01 mwi-ao 2.19T lvdata_mlog 100.00 lvdata_mimage_0(0),lvdata_mimage_1(0) vg01... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM mirror creation problem

I apologize is this isn't an appropriate post for the 'advanced' UNIX, so please let me know if I should post this under UNIX for dummies, but here's my problem in a nutshell: I having problems creating a mirrored logical volume. I have created two new physical volumes ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonrodan
2 Replies

6. AIX

Script Checking LVM Mirror not Working

Hi, I need to know who can I create an script in order to check server mirror in AIX. I got this script !/usr/bin/ksh # # Check if a VG is mirrored. # # lsattr -El <lvname> -a strictness -a copies # If copies=2 and scrictness=y, then VG is mirrored # # LVs are retrieved via 'lsvg -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fede_mont
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Patch PHKL_31216 and PHCO_30698 HP-UX 11.11 for replace a LVM mirror boot disk

Hi, I have old server hp rp 3440 hp-ux 11.11. One mirrored disk is faulty. I need spesial patch PHKL_31216 and PHCO_30698, which give to correctly remove disk. Unfortunately I don't have access to hp support site. Please help me find it patch. regards,Andre (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre9
0 Replies

8. Linux

Centos 7.2 Convert single LVM to RAID Mirror Reinstall BootLoader

Hello, I am trying to convert a single-drive Centos 7.2 installation with LVM into a two-disk mdadm mirror with mrrored LVM. I was able to follow the excellent instructions at: http://www.dgoradia.com/creating-a-raid1-mirrored-on-an-existing-centos-on-lvm/and did create a two-disk mirror... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Mirror root disk - V490

Got a V490 with one existing root disk. Other disk slot was never populated. Want to ensure we've got disk mirroring. Currently vfstab mounts the physical disk - no mirroring set up. Whats best way to achieve this without losing current disk? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
vxvmconvert(1M) 														   vxvmconvert(1M)

NAME
vxvmconvert - convert LVM volume groups to VxVM disk groups SYNOPSIS
vxvmconvert DESCRIPTION
vxvmconvert is a menu-driven program to convert an HP Logical Volume Manger (LVM) configuration to a Veritas Volume Manager configuration. This man page is a brief overview of vxvmconvert. Refer to the Veritas Volume Manager Migration Guide for a detailed description before using the conversion procedure. The vxvmconvert script is interactive and prompts you for responses, supplying defaults where appropriate. There is a Help facility at every prompt. Enter a question mark (?) at a prompt to display a context-sensitive help message. With vxvmconvert you can identify LVM volume groups, list disks, analyze volume groups for conversion and complete the conversion of LVM volume groups to VxVM disk groups. LVM configurations are converted at the volume group level. All disks used in a volume group are converted together. You cannot use vxvm- convert to convert unused LVM disks (those not part of an LVM volume group) to VxVM disks. To convert unused LVM disks, use pvremove to take the disk out of LVM control, then initialize the disk for VxVM use by using vxdiskadm (see pvremove(1M) and vxdiskadm(1M) for more information). vxvmconvert changes disks within LVM volume groups to VxVM disks by replacing the areas of the disks used for LVM configuration information and with the equivalent VxVM volume configuration information. Portions of the disks used for user data, such as file systems and data- bases, are not affected by the conversion. The conversion process changes the names by which your system refers to the logical storage, so must be done offline. No applications can access data in the volume groups undergoing conversion. You must unmount file systems using those volumes and shut down any applications, such as databases, that might use the volumes directly. OPERATIONS
Analyze LVM Volume Groups for Conversion Use this operation to analyze one or more LVM volume groups for conversion to use by VxVM. The analysis checks for problems that can prevent the conversion from completing successfully. It calculates the space required to add volume group disks to a Volume Manager disk group. More than one volume group may be entered at the prompt. A grep-like pattern may be used to select multiple volume groups. See the ``Limitations in Conversion'' section in the Volume Manager Migration Guide for more information. Convert LVM Volume Groups to VxVM Converts one or more LVM volume groups to one or more VxVM disk groups. This adds the disks to a VxVM disk group and replaces existing LVM volumes with VxVM volumes. vxvmconvert prompts you to name the VxVM disk group that replaces the LVM volume group being converted. A default is suggested at the prompt. For example, if you are converting a volume group vg08, vxvmconvert renames it as dg08. See to the sections ``Dealing with New Logical Volume Names'' and ``Tailoring your VxVM Configuration'' in the Volume Manager Migration Guide for more information. Rollback from VxVM to LVM Rollback reverts VxVM disk groups to LVM volume groups. vxvmconvert provides a limited snapshot capability for the LVM metadata in a converted volume group. A snapshot is a simple protection method to use during conversion. Caution! Do not use this operation if the VxVM disk group was modified since the conversion. See to the section ``Restoring LVM Volume Groups and Disaster Recovery'' in the Volume Manager Migration Guide for more informa- tion. List Disk Information Displays information about the disks on a system. You can obtain detailed information about a disk by entering a specific disk device address. List LVM Volume Group Information Listvg displays a list of LVM volume groups. You can obtain detailed information about an LVM volume group at a specific disk device address. SEE ALSO
pvremove(1M), vgcfgbackup(1M), vgrestore(1M), vxdisk(1M), vxdiskadd(1M), vxdiskadm(1M), vxintro(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Migration Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxvmconvert(1M)