Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Xming Vs ssh connect to RHEL server from Windows machine Post 302769433 by RHCE on Tuesday 12th of February 2013 08:29:32 AM
Old 02-12-2013
Thanks for your answer. What is the reason that Putty does not support a graphical connect? Because, it does not show a graphical connect even if give a use ssh -X option.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Connect from Windows Using SSH

Hi Everybody, I have 2 Servers (AIX 4.3), recently I installed SSH in both servers successfuly. I can connect from one server to another using SSH. My problem is when I tried to connect from Windows workstation to one of these servers the connection timed out. I'm using PUTTY to connect to the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to mount a Files System where RHEL is installed on a Sun server Machine..

Hi Everyone, I have a machine where RHEL(Red Hat Enterprise Linux) is installed and few of our products are saved on the same. Our products work only on sparc 6 + and i want to basically asve the products on the machine which has RHEL installed on it and mount the drive on the sun server and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Not able to connect (ping & http) to windows 2003 (with IIS installed) from Solaris9 Machine(Tomcat)

hi Am trying to connect from Solaris 9 installed Sun server and having Tomcat 5.5.9 installed on top of it to Windows 2003 server with IIS installed for web application. Scenarios am facing are 1. From Sun system am able to ping and telnet ip with port 80 of windows 2000 system which is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
2 Replies

5. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Steps to connect linux (Ubuntu) machine from windows 7

Hi, Can anyone give me the steps to connect ubuntu from windows7? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Graphically connect RHEL server from Windows 7 Professional

I want to connect RHEL server from my windows 7 Professional machine graphically. I logged into 1 RHEL server with IP, 10.101.17.80 using Putty from my Windows 7 professional machine. Now from this server, 10.101.17.80, I want to connect to another RHEL server 10.101.17.79. I used, ssh -X... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RHCE
1 Replies

8. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

10. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)