Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove space from each record in file? Post 302769403 by ./hari.sh on Tuesday 12th of February 2013 06:20:48 AM
Old 02-12-2013
Did you mean, to do in a shell script?

sed 's/ //g' MyFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicated xml record in a file under unix

Hi, If i have a file with xml format, i would like to remove duplicated records and save to a new file. Is it possible...to write script to do it? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to remove last record on file

Hi, First time on the forum. I have converted some files using the Unix to DOS command but need to strip off the last record that is generated from this conversion that contains just a ^Z. Is there any command that would accomplish this without having to do stream editing? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinen
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove First and Last Record from a file

Hi All, Could some one help me how to delete first & last record from a file Thanks in Advance....... Regards Cherrry (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravikuc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a particular record from a file?

Please tell me the command(s) to remove a particular record from the file and placing the rest of the record in a seperate file. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To remove the record from a file

Hi , In need to remove the record marked in red My input is as below : 1|ETG|63121387883|Alternate|Y 2||| 3|79.58|||GBP|| 4|001137001 4|0011372 5|1021701 5|1021901 1|ETG|63121387884|Alternate|Y 2||| 3|79.58|||GBP|| 4|001137001 5|1021702 5|1021802 1|ETG|63128363077|Alternate|Y 2|||... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove newline chars in each record of file

Hi, I have a fixed width file with record length 10. I need to remove multiple newline characters present in each record. EX: af\n72/7\n s\n3\nad\n 2\n\n33r\n In the above file I want to remove new lines in red color(\n) but not (\n) Please provide me a solution. Thanks, Sri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove particular record from a file

Hi:), I am having 110 records in a file and I want to delete particular record (say 63rd) . Which command can be use to achieve this ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: devmns
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space in file how to remove

Hello I have a file with data something like this in it : texttexttext "text .lst" TEXT=" text " texttexttext "moretext .lst" TEXT=" text " Question is how do I get rid of space so that the files looks like this : texttexttext "text.lst" TEXT="text" texttexttext... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: davebw
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To remove a particular record from File

Dear Friends, Need your help to fix the issue we are facing. We have a requirement - Need to remove specific records from a comma separated file and create new file. It should check "filter.csv" file and then accordingly remove records from the input file and generate the output file.(not case... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SatishW
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a ksh script for adding the space at the end of record in a flat file

Hi, I need a ksh script for the below requirement: i have a Delimited flat file with 200 records delimiter is '|~|' i need a script to insert space at the end if the record is ending with delimiter '|~|' if it didnt end with delimiter it should not append space. Example: ram|~|2|~| ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
16 Replies
POM2(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   POM2(1)

NAME
pom2 - convert POD to Text, HTML, etc., with Pod::POM SYNOPSIS
pom2 text MyFile.pm > MyFile.txt pom2 html MyFile.pm > MyFile.html pom2 pod MyFile.pm > Myfile.pod pom2 format [options] MyFile.pm > Myfile.xyz DESCRIPTION
This script uses "Pod::POM" to convert a Pod document into text, HTML, back into Pod (e.g. to normalise a document to fix any markup errors), or any other format for which you have a view module. If the viewer is not one of the viewers bundled with "Pod::POM", the script searches for an installed "Pod::POM::View" module that matches the specified format. For example if you have "Pod::POM::View::DocBook" installed then you could say: pod2 docbook MyFile.pm > MyFile.xml If any options other than "--help" are specified then they are passed to the constructor method of the view class. For example: pod2 docbook --root=chapter --titlecasing MyFile.pm > MyFile.xml would convert the Pod document to a DocBook chapter document with the titlecasing option enabled. Note that any string prefixed by ""--"" is taken as a valid option and passed to the constructor; if no value is specified then a value of 1 is passed in. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@kfs.org> extended by Andrew Ford <A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk> VERSION
This is version 0.3 of pom2. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000, 2001 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. Copyright (C) 2009 Andrew Ford. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
For further information please see Pod::POM. perl v5.12.1 2009-03-19 POM2(1)