Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove space from each record in file? Post 302769402 by clx on Tuesday 12th of February 2013 06:19:07 AM
Old 02-12-2013
If you want to remove space anywhere in the file.

Code:
sed 's/[ ]//g' file

This User Gave Thanks to clx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicated xml record in a file under unix

Hi, If i have a file with xml format, i would like to remove duplicated records and save to a new file. Is it possible...to write script to do it? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to remove last record on file

Hi, First time on the forum. I have converted some files using the Unix to DOS command but need to strip off the last record that is generated from this conversion that contains just a ^Z. Is there any command that would accomplish this without having to do stream editing? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinen
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove First and Last Record from a file

Hi All, Could some one help me how to delete first & last record from a file Thanks in Advance....... Regards Cherrry (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravikuc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a particular record from a file?

Please tell me the command(s) to remove a particular record from the file and placing the rest of the record in a seperate file. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To remove the record from a file

Hi , In need to remove the record marked in red My input is as below : 1|ETG|63121387883|Alternate|Y 2||| 3|79.58|||GBP|| 4|001137001 4|0011372 5|1021701 5|1021901 1|ETG|63121387884|Alternate|Y 2||| 3|79.58|||GBP|| 4|001137001 5|1021702 5|1021802 1|ETG|63128363077|Alternate|Y 2|||... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove newline chars in each record of file

Hi, I have a fixed width file with record length 10. I need to remove multiple newline characters present in each record. EX: af\n72/7\n s\n3\nad\n 2\n\n33r\n In the above file I want to remove new lines in red color(\n) but not (\n) Please provide me a solution. Thanks, Sri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove particular record from a file

Hi:), I am having 110 records in a file and I want to delete particular record (say 63rd) . Which command can be use to achieve this ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: devmns
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space in file how to remove

Hello I have a file with data something like this in it : texttexttext "text .lst" TEXT=" text " texttexttext "moretext .lst" TEXT=" text " Question is how do I get rid of space so that the files looks like this : texttexttext "text.lst" TEXT="text" texttexttext... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: davebw
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To remove a particular record from File

Dear Friends, Need your help to fix the issue we are facing. We have a requirement - Need to remove specific records from a comma separated file and create new file. It should check "filter.csv" file and then accordingly remove records from the input file and generate the output file.(not case... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SatishW
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a ksh script for adding the space at the end of record in a flat file

Hi, I need a ksh script for the below requirement: i have a Delimited flat file with 200 records delimiter is '|~|' i need a script to insert space at the end if the record is ending with delimiter '|~|' if it didnt end with delimiter it should not append space. Example: ram|~|2|~| ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
16 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)