Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print pattern regardless of space between Post 302769356 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 12th of February 2013 03:51:08 AM
Old 02-12-2013
Code:
grep -i '^sshd[^-_a-z0-9]*:[^-_a-z0-9]*all[^-_a-z0-9]*:[^-_a-z0-9]*allow'

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern and print next all character to next space

Hi, I have a big inventory file that is NOT sorted is any way. The file is have "tagged" information like the ip address "*IP=" or the name "*NM=" . How do I get just the ip address or the name and not the whole line? I have tried to use AWK without any success. I always get the whole line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pierrebjarnfelt
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a pattern between the xml tags based on a search pattern

Hi all, I am trying to extract the values ( text between the xml tags) based on the Order Number. here is the sample input <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <NJCustomer> <Header> <MessageIdentifier>Y504173382</MessageIdentifier> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oky
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print characters till the next space when the pattern is found

i have a file which contains alphanumeric data in every line. what i need is the data after certain pattern. the data after the pattern is not of fixed length so i need the data till the space after the pattern. Input file: bfdkasfbdfg khffkf lkdhfhdf pattern (datarequired data not required)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines up to pattern excluding pattern

11 22 33 44 55 66 77 When pattern 55 is met, print upto it, so output is 11 22 33 44 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare pattern and print a different pattern in each line

Hi, I am writing a shell script to parse some files, and gather data. The data in the files is displayed as below. .......xyz: abz: ......qrt: .... .......xyz: abz: ......qrt: ... I have tried using awk and cut, but the position of these values keep changing, so I wasn't able to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serena
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk --- produce the output in pattern space instead of END space

hi, I'm trying to calculate IP addresses and their respective calls to our apache Server. The standard format of the input is HOST IP DATE/TIME - - "GET/POST reuest" "User Agent" HOST IP DATE/TIME - - "GET/POST reuest" "User Agent" HOST IP DATE/TIME - - "GET/POST reuest" "User Agent" HOST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)