Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet fail
Operating Systems Linux Telnet fail Post 302769214 by DGPickett on Monday 11th of February 2013 02:29:17 PM
Old 02-11-2013
Are you telnet'ing to the same host you are on? For two hosts, there is the local firewall, any intermediate firewall, any remote firewall, and the listener there. Does the IP exactly match the host name on both client and server DNS/hosts (usually you listen on 0.0.0.0 for all IPs, like 127.0.0.1 even if one NIC)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail fail

I am using the shell script file to send mail by "mailx". I do this by cron job, there is no error found. But it is fail, any suggest to me? How can I resend it automatically? Is there any resend logic by using the mailx? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adela
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

fail to telnet localhost 106

Hi folks, Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64 On running; $ telnet localhost 106 Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused $ netstat -an | grep 106 $ sudo netstat -an | grep 106 both no printout Pls advise where shall I check and how to fix... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename fail

I've a lot of file with an hyphen on filename, so I use rename for remove him ad substitute with an underscore but it fails $ rename 's/\-/\_/' * Unknown option: _ Unknown option: i Unknown option: r Unknown option: e Unknown option: e Unknown option: _ Unknown option: g Unknown... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv313x
12 Replies

5. AIX

en0 fail to up.

This is a LPAR that i created earlier. I want to set an IP address to en0 but it failed. Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. en0 devdbm01 inet0 changed Method error (/usr/lib/methods/chgif): ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically login in the telnet from present telnet

Hi, I was writing one script which includes to switch to the another telnet automatically from the present telnet server. I was using rlogin but firstly it takes the same user name of the present telnet and secondly it is prompting for the password. But i want to switch to the another telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does my test fail ??

Hello, I am stuck... i dunno why does my test fail... any idea ? #!/bin/bash dos2unix info.txt Distor=Distributeur LINE=$(cat info.txt | sed -n 1p) echo $LINE echo $Distor echo "" echo "123-$LINE-123" echo "123-$Distor-123" if ; then LINE2=$(cat info.txt | sed -n 2p) echo $Distor... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: patx
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between Krb5-telnet And Ekrb5-telnet

Hi, I want to know the difference between these two services. Both are under xinetd. Both are used for enabling and disabling Telnet service. So, can somebody please explain me the difference between the two ? Thanks in advance :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Telnet fail abort other command..??

Hi Team, I my script i telent my node ip and after loging i run some commands...But some time login fail so i want to stop script at that time.. CONFIG_CHNG.sh printf 'Please Input Node ID : ' read node node="$node" #exec > node_log_$node.log 2>&1 #set -x >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
2 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Fail to register

After inputted all required fields in registration page, the below message is shown and cannot go on. A required field called Custom Date & Time Formats is missing or has an invalid value. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
2 Replies
telnetrc(4)							   File Formats 						       telnetrc(4)

NAME
telnetrc - file for telnet default options DESCRIPTION
The .telnetrc file contains commands that are executed when a connection is established on a per-host basis. Each line in the file con- tains a host name, one or more spaces or tabs, and a telnet(1) command. The host name, DEFAULT, matches all hosts. Lines beginning with the pound sign (#) are interpreted as comments and therefore ignored. telnet(1) commands are case-insensitive to the contents of the .telnetrc file. The .telnetrc file is retrieved from each user's HOME directory. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. In the following example, a .telnetrc file executes the telnet(1) command, toggle: weirdhost toggle crmod # Always export $PRINTER DEFAULT environ export PRINTER The lines in this file indicate that the toggle argument crmod, whose default value is "off" (or FALSE), should be enabled when connecting to the system weirdhost. In addition, the value of the environment variable PRINTER should be exported to all systems. In this case, the DEFAULT keyword is used in place of the host name. FILES
$HOME/.telnetrc SEE ALSO
telnet(1), in.telnetd(1M), environ(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Jan 1998 telnetrc(4)