Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two xml files while ignoring some xml tags Post 302769141 by sizemj on Monday 11th of February 2013 10:08:28 AM
Old 02-11-2013
I would use "diff"
UNIX man pages : diff ()

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to compare xml files and print output to a file

All, PLease can you help me with a shell script which can compare two xml files and print the difference to a output file. I have attached one such file for you reference. <Group> <Member ID=":Year_Quad:41501" childCount="4" fullPath="PEPSICO Year-Quad-Wk : FOLDER.52 Weeks Ending Dec... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanthrajgowda
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two xml files

Hi, I want to comapre two xml files in unix. 1st xml file contents <application> abc </application> <type>2</type> <type1>3</type1> 2nd xml file contents. <application> abc</application> <type>2</type> <type1>1</type1> <type2>567</type2> Desired output Differences in 1st file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepaT
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two unsorted unequal files extracted from xml

I have two files for comparison which are extracts from set of xml files. file1 has: Comparing File: BRCSH1to320140224CC3.xml :: TZZZ:BR :: TAZZ:OUT UIZZ:0 :: ERAZ:1.000000 UIZZ:0 :: CTZZ:B UIZZ:0 :: CCAZ:MYR Comparing File: BRMY20140224CC18REG013SPFNSY13.xml :: TZZZ:BR :: TAZZ:INB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamsi gunda
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
INTLTOOL-MERGE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 INTLTOOL-MERGE(8)

NAME
intltool-merge - merge translated strings into various file types such as XML SYNOPSIS
intltool-merge [ -v|--version ] [ -h|--help ] [ -q|--quiet ] [ -d|--desktop-style ] [ -k|--keys-style ] [ -o|--oaf-style ] [ -x|--xml-style ] [ -u|--utf8 ] [ -p|--pass-through ] PO_DIRECTORY FILENAME OUTPUT_FILE DESCRIPTION
Merge translated strings in po files in PO_DIRECTORY with the original application file FILENAME, and output the file OUTPUT_FILE contain- ing both the original and the localized strings. Afterwards the application xml file will contain repeated xml-nodes where each one contains one of all translations and a xml:lang attribute. OPTIONS
-v, --version Show version information. -h, --help Show usage and basic help information. -q, --quiet Be quiet while running. -d, --desktop-style Merge files in desktop style, which is similar to the Windows .ini file format. -k, --keys-style Merge files in the keys style, which is used for metadata. -x, --oaf-style Merge files in the oaf style. -x, --xml-style Merge files in the XML style, both as attributes and as raw pcdata. -u, --utf8 Convert all strings to UTF-8 before merging. -p, --pass-through Use strings as found in .po files, without conversion (STRONGLY unrecommended with -x). REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.gnome.org or by sending email to xml-i18n-tools@gnome.org. AUTHOR
Darin Adler <darin@bentspoon.com> Kenneth Christiansen <kenneth@gnu.org> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> SEE ALSO
intltoolize(8), xml-18n-prepare(8), intltool-extract(8), intltool-update(8) intltool February 14, 2002 INTLTOOL-MERGE(8)