Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Xorg resolution/display size problem Post 302769122 by snorkack59 on Monday 11th of February 2013 09:08:59 AM
Old 02-11-2013
Partial xorg.conf:
# xorg.conf (X.Org X Window System server configuration file)

Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
Driver "ati"
Option "UseFBDev" "true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Sun-x7205a"
HorizSync 35-80
VertRefresh 56-75.1
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Monitor "Sun-x7205a"
DefaultDepth 16
SubSection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1280x1024" "1024x768"
# Depth 24
# Modes "1280x1024" "1024x768"
Virtual 1280 1024
#xdm won't run if depth is set to 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

I will look at RandR but from the responses from the openbox mailing list the problem I am having is not normal operation.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to change display resolution

Hi, I would like to know how to change the display resolution in solaris on sparc. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Raja (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphic display resolution

Hello all, I need to fix some resolution in an AIX, how can I do it? It cannot be altered at system reboot, in the other words, I'm setting an display resolution, but when I do a reboot this configuration will be losted. I need somethig like this: Set a configuration and it cannot be changed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nando_zambone
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change display resolution in UnixV4.0D

I would like to know how to change the display resolution in UnixV4.0D. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Avgust (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avgust
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot change my display to high resolution

Hi all, i am one of the newbies with linux. i just install the Enterprise AS on my ibm z60t. I am trying to change the color setting to hight resolution, unfortunately, it does not work. it works only with the 256 color setting. It seems the widescreen or the vga card of my notebook does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Display(xorg.conf) Problem on Dell Inspiron 1420

Dear all, I have Dell Inspiron 1420 with Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. I am facing display problem on Redhat 5 Server. Please, Help me how to configure xorg.conf manually. Recently, i have upgraded Kernel kernel-2.6.18-138.el5.i686. Thank You Anu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anu18
0 Replies

7. Solaris

OpenWindows display resolution problem

Hi all! On my SPARC mashine I have changed the screen resolution from default to: output-device screen r1024x768x75, because the OBP picture too big (e.g. Sun Logo and OBP text). Now, after the system booting I have the problem with OpenWindows picture (e.g. the window manager does not display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Correcting the display resolution

I have an issue with the display resolution under Xfce. The monitor can handle 1024x768, but the screen display is 800x600. The control panel does not allow me to change this. I also found the file .config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml in which I have made changes, but after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

9. AIX

Change AIX display resolution ?

Hello, Running X on AIX local display - want to change resolution. On Linux for example I used xrandr. ? thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies
OPENBOX(1)						      General Commands Manual							OPENBOX(1)

NAME
openbox -- A minimalistic, highly configurable, next generation window manager with extensive standards support. SYNOPSIS
openbox [--help] [--version] [--replace] [--reconfigure] [--restart] [--config-file FILE] [--sm-disable] [--sync] [--debug] [--debug-focus] [--debug-xinerama] DESCRIPTION
Openbox is minimalistic, highly configurable, next generation window manager with extensive standards support. You can start Openbox in three ways: If you run a display manager such as GDM, you will find 3 entries in the login session type menu for Openbox: GNOME/Openbox, KDE/Openbox and Openbox. If you want to use Openbox within GNOME or KDE, you can choose the appropriate entry, and it will launch GNOME or KDE with Openbox as the window manager. The third option at log in, which is Openbox without a session manager, uses the openbox-session command to start Openbox. On log in, openbox will run the ~/.config/openbox/autostart.sh script if it exists, and will run the system-wide script /etc/xdg/open- box/autostart.sh otherwise. You may place anything you want to run automatically in those files, for example: xsetroot -solid grey & gnome-settings-daemon & Make sure that each line is followed by a "&" or else the script will stop there and further commands will not be executed. You can use the /etc/xdg/openbox/autostart.sh file as an example for creating your own. The default /etc/xdg/openbox/autostart.sh runs a number of things with Openbox. Lastly, if you use startx to launch your X session, you can set up a ~/.xinitrc file to run openbox-session and follow the same directions as above regarding the autostart.sh file. You can use the obconf tool to configure Openbox easily with a graphical interface, however more in-depth configuration is possible by editing the configuration files by hand. The default configuration and menu files are installed in /etc/xdg/openbox/, and the user configuration is placed in ~/.config/openbox/. You can copy the default configuration and menus to ~/.config/openbox and edit it to your liking. OPTIONS
These are the possible options that openbox accepts: --help Show a summary of the options available. --version Show the version of the program. --replace Replace the currently running window manager. --reconfigure If Openbox is already running on the display, tell it to reload its configuration. --restart If Openbox is already running on the display, tell it to restart. This is useful if you have upgraded Openbox and don't want to restart X. --config-file FILE Use FILE for configuration instead of looking for rc.xml in the XDG search path. FILE is an absolute path. --sm-disable Do not connect to the session manager. --sync Run in synchronous mode (for debugging). --debug Display debugging output. --debug-focus Display debugging output for focus handling. --debug-xinerama Split the display into two fake xinerama regions, if xinerama is not already enabled. This is for debugging xinerama support. SEE ALSO
obconf (1), openbox-session(1), openbox-gnome-session(1), openbox-kde-session(1). The program's full documentation is available on the website: http://openbox.org/ Please report bugs to: http://bugzilla.icculus.org/ OPENBOX(1)