Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP Queries
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP Queries Post 302769078 by nag_sathi on Monday 11th of February 2013 06:38:04 AM
Old 02-11-2013
FTP Queries

Hi,

1) How to get exact permissions, group names for files while transferring with FTP

2) Is there any command to transfer entire directory and sub directories.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Some queries...

Guys need some advice on how to check some of the questions below? i'm running on an open VMS platform... which i am an idiot to... appreciate if anyone can give some hints or source on how to check on.. a script that is running on cron job... but doesn't run as the login user name.. 1. why... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Two small queries

Query 1 : How to check if a directory already exists? If doesn't exist then create a new one. Query 2 : I want to put following text using a single echo statement into a log file and also want to retain the formatting of the text. How it can be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

my queries

hi guys Well, i need to have a report generation script or any script which will show me all the content/information of a file when i run that script. Please help me on this isssue at the earliest.As i am little bit aware of scripting.Thanks in advance! regards ash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
4 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Queries

Any help on like where to get started on this? I'm just confused. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Enter text here.Queries to satisfy these two report requests (use your CCI database): Retrieve all rows of active inventory where current on hands is less than... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakers34kb
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Installation queries

Dear All, Please clarify my queries My 1st doubt is as you know solaris have default 8 slices out of 8 slices in which slice the OS is stored. Like in windows if you select C drive the Program files are stored in C drive like that in solaris in which slice the OS is stored. My 2nd doubt is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
2 Replies

6. Programming

Combine 3 queries

can these 3 be combined into 1 query? createtablea1as selecta.tps_Res_nb, b.tkt_prod_cd, b.tkt_prod_typ_nm, b.prod_intrnl_ds, b.tkt_prod_typ_nm AS TKT_ENTL_NM, casewhen b.tkt_prod_nm isnotnullthen b.tkt_prod_nm when b.tkt_prod_nm isnulland b.prod_intrnl_ds isnotnullthen... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwr80
1 Replies

7. AIX

Queries Regarding MigratePV

We have 3PVs, now we want to migrate it to new 2PVs. OLD PVS hdisk1 ---- /u01 hdisk2 ------ /u01 hdisk 3 ----- /u02, /u01 new PVs hdisk4 ---- Free hdisk5 ---- Free I check man, it doesn't say anything about offline/online thing, do i need downtime to migrate pv ? also, what i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fracker
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

RDNS Queries

Hey everyone, I have a question, I've been playing around with tcpdump, and noticed my machine making numerous rdns look ups. They are displayed like: 10.80.80.141.51234 > 10.80.80.1.domain: 9950+ PTR? 223.114.55.65.in-addr.arpa. (44) My question is, if dns works based on numerical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop queries

I have Existing FOR loop in script like below. But the zip should happen for only those years in another file generated dynamically. Existing FOR LOOP - for i in XYZ_*ABC${YEAR_2014}.csv; do printf "%s\n" "$i" done | zip -@ XYZ_2014.zip >> $XYZ_2014.log 2>&1 ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
2 Replies
MOUNT_FTP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_FTP(8)

NAME
mount_ftp -- mount a FTP filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_ftp [-i] [-o options] ftp://host[:port][/path] node DESCRIPTION
The mount_ftp command mounts a FTP-enabled server directory at ftp://host[:port][/path] at the mount point indicated by node. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the ftp URL, including username & password if needed. The user ID for all files and folders is set to the user's real user ID. The group ID for all files and directories is set to unknown, and the permissions default to read and execute for user, group and other. The options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the username and password if you did not supply one in the url. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. The rdonly option will be set even if it was not specified because mount_ftp does not allow files to be opened with write access on servers. ftp://host[:port][/path] The FTP-enabled server directory to mount as a volume. If port is not specified, then port 21 is used. If path is not specified, then the path "/" is used. node Path to mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the FTP-enabled server directory ftp.apple.com/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt/ mount_ftp ftp://ftp.apple.com/ /Volumes/mntpnt/ SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_ftp command first appeared Mac OS X Version 10.2. RETURN VALUES
0 mount_ftp successfully mounted the server directory. [ENOENT] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the node path is invalid. [ENODEV] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because it is not FTP-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [ECANCELED] The server directory could not be mounted by mount_ftp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. BUGS
mount_ftp only supports mounting read-only. Mac OS X June 6, 2003 Mac OS X