Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in understanding debugging Post 302769053 by scriptor on Monday 11th of February 2013 06:05:51 AM
Old 02-11-2013
Hi Scrutinizer

the code is working.
Code:
[yY]|[Yy][Ee][Ss]|*)

my below question is still unanswered.

Code:
my question is why i need to use 2 colon after Failed not one?
also how does author know just by seeing one single line(means by seeing o/p of debug) that he need to put 2 colon after Failed.

is this is also due to case statement ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep understanding problem

Hi, Can anyone please let me know the meaning of this line,i am not able to understand the egrep part(egrep '^{1,2}).This will search for this combination in beginning but what does the values in {}signifies here. /bin/echo $WhenToRun | egrep '^{1,2}:$' >/dev/null (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

2. Solaris

debugging problem

OS : SOLARIS 10 debug tool :$gdb -v GNU gdb 6.6 compiler : $gcc -v gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release) When i tried to debug my application i got the following error. $gdb Pal GNU gdb 6.6 Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This GDB was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with the shell script for understanding

Can Anybody please tell me the meaning of the script: #!/bin/sh str=$@ echo $str | sed 's/.*\\//' exit 0 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem understanding Paths

If I don't explain my issue well enough, I apologize ahead of time, extreme newbie here to scripting. I'm currently learning scripting from books and have moved on to the text Wicked Cool Shell Scripts by Dave Taylor, but there are still basic concepts that I'm having trouble understanding. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chasman78
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in understanding export uses

i am beginner in shell scripting. not able to understand what below line will do. PS1=${HOST:=Žuname -nŽ}"$ " ; export PS1 HOST below is the script #!/bin/hash PS1=${HOST:=Žuname -nŽ}"$ " ; export PS1 HOST ; echo $PS1 and i getting the below output Žuname -nŽ$ (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
25 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GDB Debugging Problem

I have added some code in my file. I have created executable rpm file of our code and also I have created debuginfo and debugsource files and installed all three. But when I debug in gdb I see the the code changes in soucre file. But the break point does not hit at that place as if it did not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debugging mysterious perl script problem

the attached perl script is a deamon that, once kicked off from the command line, it runs in the background and waits for the master server to tell it what plugins to run. the script works well. but the problem is, whenever i start it, after about a few seconds of starting it, i start getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

8. Programming

Best reference for understanding core file and debugging for different architectures

Hi , could someone suggest best reference for core file understanding , analysis , debugging for different architectures like what registers represent what in a architecture specific core .. how to get maximum information out of corrupted core different tools and how they work and how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with (Understanding) function

I have this code #!/bin/bash LZ () { RETVAL="\n$(date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S) --- " return RETVAL } echo -e $LZ"Test" sleep 3 echo -e $LZ"Test" which I want to use to make logentrys on my NAS. I expect of this code that there would be output like 2017-03-07_11-00-00 --- Test (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrois
4 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)