Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat To make an ftp server writable Post 302768974 by RHCE on Monday 11th of February 2013 12:52:29 AM
Old 02-11-2013
Thanks for your answer but I guess it should be possible from configurations in Linux rather than downloading a plug-in.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

make a recovery CD/DVD - system has no writable devices

Hi, Has anyone please got some advise as to how I can make a CD/DVD on an AIX 5.3 system so that it can be fully recoverd just by inserting the backed up system. The system that I need to recover has no writable devices, not even a tape drive (it wasn't specified by me btw). I am trying to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevek007
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script not able to connect to ftp server.

I have the following ftp script to get files from a remote location. However, on running the script I find that I am not even able to connect to ftp server. I am able to connect to ftp server using other GUI ftp tools like WS_FTP using the same IP. IP used here is a dummy IP. What can go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how do I make my workstation an installation server for a remote server?.

Is there a way I can make my Sun workstation as a installation server for a remote server?. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
3 Replies

4. Solaris

To make ftp an sftp?

Hi All, I want to make ftp for a particular server(ip ,user/passwd) sftp . Regards Megh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make a FreeBSD hdd writable from WinXP?

Hey, I was wondering how I can write/edit files on my FreeBSD hdd from windows XP. I specifically need to fix a change I made to /boot/defaults/loader.conf that made it impossible to boot into my FreeBSD hdd. It's a simple fix, but since I can't boot into FreeBSD, I have to fix it from my Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xandor
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I make a script to ftp over?

Hi, I have a script that ftp over the file: CFGFILE=/export/home/myuser/scripts/ftp1.cfg LOGFILE=/app/bea/logs/ LOCALPATH=/expport/home/myuser/ECNLogs/ YEAR=`date '+%Y'` MONTH=`date '+%m'` DAY=`date '+%d'` HOUR=`date '+%H'` MINUTE=`date '+%M'` LASTHOUR=$((HOUR-1)) echo $LASTHOUR ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how i can make one ip access to ftp account and deny others

HI I want to make only one IP can access to ftp acount in cpanel or by shell can any body help me ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elkadrey
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to make same machine as ftp

Hi, I have been acces to unix box , I HAVE BEEN ALLOTED A URL AND USERID ALONG WITH PASSWORD ,and thru putty i acess to that unix machine ...Now I want same machine to be used as ftp server can I do that...?actually no seprate ftp server acess is given to me and now i want to test some ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul125
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies
guess-helper(8) 						   NVRAM WakeUp 						   guess-helper(8)

NAME
guess-helper - Tries to guess the configuration by comparing four dumps of the NVRAM. SYNOPSIS
guess-helper DESCRIPTION
guess-helper is a helper program from the package nvram-wakeup. It will guide you through the procedure of creating the files needed for the program guess and eventually will run guess at the end. The output will be a configuration file which might even work ;-) Don't change any other BIOS settings you are not told to change until the procedure is finished. See README.mb for more details. SEE ALSO
nvram-wakeup(8), guess(8), README.mb HOMEPAGE
http://sf.net/projects/nvram-wakeup/ AUTHOR
Written by Sergei Haller <Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at the bug tracking system (see HOMEPAGE) or on the mailing list nvram-wakeup-devel@lists.sourceforge.net COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2004 Sergei Haller. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA Linux Jul 07 2004 guess-helper(8)