Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mail not properly shown in some email clients Post 302768727 by muazrs on Saturday 9th of February 2013 10:15:43 AM
Old 02-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Did you try to look at the mail source from within the clients? Sometimes contents is hidden - even though it's there - that is thought to be "binary".
In Outlook the content source is empty but it has the attachment - I right clicked and view source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael
Could be like how different browsers render html differently? If so, you may find it easier to write different html for the different mail clients. Then you could write a script that sends the specific html needed for the correct clients. This may be easier in the long run than trying to make it cross-platform.
Does it means I have to write three different html for gmail, yahoo and outlook? How can I get the html format for each?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to send mail from server to client's email-id

i want to send email from server to the client's email-id. server is solaris. please help me out.i want to send mail to the email-id not to the var/spool/mail. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending email via mail server

hi everyone i am facing one problem. there is one unix server in our organisation which stores daily routine backup, and one mail server which is on windows 2k3, they are on one intranet. now i want that a mail should be generated and sent to the e-mail id of employees like nitin@hotmail.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmeet
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know if the mailx command really sends the mail to the email address?

Hi guys, I have a question about the returning message of the mailx command. if I run a mailx command, how can I know if the email has been sent to the email address? If the email address doesn't exist, is there any error message returned? If yes, how can I get the error message? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheenshine
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Email not working Properly

Hi GURU's, I'm using a Shell Script to send email's as an attachment. I'm Storing the email address in a table and catching in a variable. MAILLIST=`noarg sqlplus -s $OraUsr << EOF set heading off set feedback off set echo off SELECT email_ids FROM tpemail_table WHERE... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikraj
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Send an email using mail command

Hello all I'm trying to write a script to send an email, so I can be nnotified when something is going wrong with my system. I've tried many options with no luck: mail -s "You've got mail" somebody@example.com echo "Mail Body" | mail -s "Subject" somebody@example.com I tried also to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
1 Replies

6. Linux

Send email using mail

I need to send an email from linux using mail command. The problem is I can't hardcode the to: emailaddress, The email address is saved in a recipient.lst file on the server in this format: To: a@b.com Thanks a lot. il_labor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: il_labor
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Send email using mail

I need to send an email from linux using mail command. The problem is I can't hardcode the to: emailaddress, The email address is saved in a recipient.lst file on the server in this format: To: a@b.com Thanks a lot. il_labor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: il_labor
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix email attachments in web mail

Hi, Request you to please help on my issue. My issue is: We are able to send the log files as an email attachment. We are able to get the attachment in our inbox. But when we try to see in web mail, instead of the attachment, junk characters are displaying. Appreciate your help. Regards,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gi.srinivas
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of java mail to send email from UNIX

Can someone help me to understand how to configure java mail on unix or what is syntex for that to put in script so email can be sent. earlier i was using 'send mail' to send email and not SMPT is stopped in unix machine and they asked us to use java mail. Before I was using this ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
0 Replies
TIDY_GET_HTML(3)							 1							  TIDY_GET_HTML(3)

tidy::html - Returns atidyNodeobject starting from the <html> tag of the tidy parse tree

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
tidyNode tidy::html (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style tidyNode tidy_get_html (tidy $object) Returns a tidyNode object starting from the <html> tag of the tidy parse tree. PARAMETERS
o $object - The Tidy object. RETURN VALUES
Returns the tidyNode object. EXAMPLES
Example #1 tidy_get_html(3) example <?php $html = ' <html> <head> <title>test</title> </head> <body> <p>paragraph</p> </body> </html>'; $tidy = tidy_parse_string($html); $html = $tidy->html(); echo $html->value; ?> The above example will output: <html> <head> <title>test</title> </head> <body> <p>paragraph</p> </body> </html> NOTES
Note This function is only available with Zend Engine 2 (PHP >= 5.0.0). SEE ALSO
tidy.body(3), tidy.head(3). PHP Documentation Group TIDY_GET_HTML(3)