Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my script Post 302768723 by Akshay Hegde on Saturday 9th of February 2013 09:51:56 AM
Old 02-09-2013
here I am attaching 2 files needs to be compared...first file2 needs to be compared with file1

condition is mentioned in if statements

Code:
c=`awk 'END{print NR}' file1.txt`
awk '{{getline< "file1.txt";ll[NR]=$1;lt[NR]=$2}}
FNR<=NR{
ll1=$1
lt1=$2
p=$2+0.1
m=$2-0.1
x=0
y=0
ct=ct+1
cc=$3
{
for(j=1;j<='$c';j++)
if(lt[j]>=m && lt[j]<=p)
{
if(ll1>=ll[j])
{x=x+1}
if(ll1<=ll[j])
{y=y+1}
}
}
if(x>=1 && y>=1)
{print ll1,lt1,"You are in"}
}' OFS="\t" file2.txt

this is printing data
but, data is not in file2, it was suppose to print data from file 2 I really don't know what mistake I am doing here....

pls explain if you find my mistake, I guess might be in array

output looks like this

Code:
68.14    23.48    You are in
67.62    23.04    You are in   ------->wrong 23.04 not exist in file2
67.68    23.09    You are in   -------> file1 data is printing
67.73    23.14    You are in   -------> again wrong result...
67.79    23.19    You are in
67.85    23.24    You are in
67.91    23.28    You are in
67.97    23.33    You are in
68.02    23.38    You are in
68.08    23.43    You are in
67.56    22.99    You are in
67.13    22.54    You are in

Last edited by Akshay Hegde; 02-09-2013 at 11:27 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrong with my script?

Hey guys, can someone help me with this script... #!/bin/sh dir=`pwd` for i in *.f do if then M=`wc -l < ${i} sed -e 's://.*::' < ${i} | \ (echo "//${i} -"$M ; cat - ) > $i.tmp chmod 700 $i ; mv ${i}.tmp $i ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lem2003
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with this script?

I keep getting errors messages for the "else" statement at line 81? #!/bin/ksh ######### Environment Setup ######### PATH=/gers/nurev/menu/pub/sbin:/gers/nurev/menu/pub/bin:/gers/nurev/menu/pub/mac :/gers/nurev/menu/adm/sbin:/gers/nurev/menu/adm/bin:/gers/nurev/menu/adm/mac:/ge... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this script

I am trying to create a script but it is giving me errors on Cygwin for the following script. Could someone tell me, what am I doing wrong? choice=1000 echo "choice is $choice" while ; do echo "choice is $choice" echo 'Please select your option:' echo '1. Option 1' echo '2. Option 2'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitg1980
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong with this script?

Hi, I have this example script which gives error ": unexpected operator/operand". I need the '' brackets for operator precedence. #!/bin/ksh x="abc" y="xyz" z="123" if -a then print "yes" else print "no" fi Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs1969
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with this script?

Hi I've made a short script but it is not working. Can some pl. help me out in this? ./123.sh #! /usr/bin/ksh # for changing to this directory cd /layered/relational/scripts When I run the above scripts, it doesn't change to the above directory. I don't what is the problem? the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Gone Wrong

Hello all, so this is a script i did for an assignement, - first option greets the user according to the time after fetching his name - second options isn't implemented - third check the performance according to how many users are using the system - creates a log of names, time and ip of the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibzee33
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with my script ....

Please see below mentioned my script ... it ran once without any issue .... then after it is not coming out .... please suggest what is wrong? #!/bin/ksh ## if (( ${num_errors} > 0 )); export ACULOG=/home/varshnes/input export num_errors=10 **** Search for 'Start correcting roll up... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: heyitsmeok
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong on this script?

I get this error on these lines when i run this script:"for i in /home;do file2=`ls -s $i` if ;then ls - s $i fi done (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotsos13
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with my script?

Dear All The following is part of my script: echo ${myarray} mytitle=`awk '{print substr(${myarray}, 0, length(${myarray})-4)}' /dev/null` the echo ${myarray} works fine; however, I keep getting following error for the mytitle=.. part: awk: line 1: syntax error at or near { awk: line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xzdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp(1) or diff(1). If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported compression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp(1) or diff(1) is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2010-09-27 XZDIFF(1)