Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to delete specific lines (2n+3 line, n=0,1,2...296) in a file? Post 302768719 by elixir_sinari on Saturday 9th of February 2013 09:22:15 AM
Old 02-09-2013
Assuming that you need those particular lines to be printed:
Code:
awk '!((NR-2)%3)' file

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to elixir_sinari For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Delete specific lines in a text file

Hi, experts, I would like to create a function that can calculate the total number of lines in a saved text file and delete specific lines in that particular file (I only want the last few lines). Hav anybody have the experience and giv me a hand in this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dniz
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines prior to a specific date in a log file.

Hi all. I have a database log file in which log data get appended to it daily. I want to do a automatic maintainence of this log by going through the log and deleting lines belonging to a certain date. How should i do it? Please help. Thanks. Example. To delete all lines prior to Jun... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific lines from a file

Hi, I have a file ( all_users.ldif ) of the following format: cn=orcladmin, cn=Users, dc=maximus,dc=com cn=PUBLIC, cn=Users, dc=maximus,dc=com cn=portal,cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com cn=portal_admin,cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com cn=uddi_publisher,cn=Users,dc=maximus,dc=com... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzz.me
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all lines after a specific line ?

Hello. My file is like this: a b c d e f g h i I want to delete all lines after the 3rd line, means after the "c". Is there any way to do this? The lines differ between them and the lines I want to delete does not have a specific word, or the lines I want to keep (a,b,c) does not have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete lines from a file which starts with a specific pattern

I need to delete those lines from a file, which starts with 45. How to do it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a specific line from the feed file

Hi All, I have came across an issue where I will grep for a primary key and then I have to delete that particular line from the feed file and then save it. The feed file is a TAB delimited one. For example: grep 539439AE9 file1 100.00000 20090119 20090119 20090521 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific lines from files based on another file

I have some text files in a folder named ff as follows. I need to delete the lines (in-place editing)in these files based on another file aa.txt. 32bm.txt: 249 253 A P - 0 0 8 0, 0.0 6,-1.4 0, 0.0 2,-0.4 -0.287 25.6-102.0 -74.4 161.1 37.1 13.3 10.9 250... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aden
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines that contain a pattern from specific line to the end.

Gents, I am trying to delete all lines which start with "H" character, but keeping the fist header. Example In the input file I will delete all lines starting from line 8 which contents character "H" to the end of the file. I try sed '8,10000{/^H/d;}' file But as don't know the end... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiam912
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines above and below specific line of text

I'm trying to remove a specific number of lines, above and below a specific line of text, highlighted in red: <STMTTRN> <TRNTYPE>CREDIT <DTPOSTED>20151205000001 <TRNAMT>10 <FITID>667800001 <CHECKNUM>667800001 <MEMO>BALANCE </STMTTRN> <STMTTRN> <TRNTYPE>DEBIT <DTPOSTED>20151207000001... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bomsom
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)