Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding directories with expression Post 302768661 by Jotne on Saturday 9th of February 2013 06:04:43 AM
Old 02-09-2013
I did assume that you have the information stored in file server1
You can use this
Code:
du -k | awk -F"[ _]+" '$0~p {a[$3]+=$1} END {for (i in a) print a[i]"k "i"/"p}' p="mypattern" > result.txt

Code:
cat result.txt
32k 1234567/mypattern
4k 1234568/mypattern
32k 1234569/mypattern

Also added a + since du seems to have many space as separator.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding directories in UNIX

I am accessing a UNIX server via FTP. I want to retieve a file in a directory. What is the UNIX command that I need to view and retrieve files from a directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yodaddy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expression for Finding Multiple Directories..??

I am writing a shell script to search for previous versions of an application...the application is called TAU and basically i want to search the users home directory and /Applications for any instances of a "TAU" folder.. If found i want to give the user the option to remove the old folders and if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meskue
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create directories with regular expression

Hi guys, can any one tell me how to create directories using regular expression? Let's say that I need to create directories test01, test02, test03.... test10. Can it be done using any regular expression? thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrt
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding correct directories

I have directories like V00R01,V00R02,V01R01,V01R02 in a directory where V is version and R is a release. basically I need to set base directory and current directory. Under a version there can be any number of releases and there can be number of versions also. V00R01...V00R50..so on also,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjasai
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using regular expression for directories in find command

Hi, I want to find the files available in a directory /var/user/*/*/data/. I tried using the command "find /var/user/ -path '*/*/data/ -name '*' -type f" it says find: 0652-017 -path is not a valid option and then i tried using "find /var/user/ -name '*/*/data/*' -type f" but its not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothbabu12
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding size of all directories

Alright so I've tried a couple different things that at first glance, looked like they worked. find . -maxdepth 5 -type d -daystart -mtime 1 | xargs du -h Which seems to ignore the previous commands such as depth and modified time. find .. -maxdepth 2 -type d -daystart -ctime 1 | xargs... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding multiply directories

I have multiply directories scattered throughout my system that end in 2011. Example: one_2011 two_2011 three_2011 etc.... I'm trying to find all of these directories but coming up short. I tried find / -type d -name *2011 > example Any suggestions? I already searched in the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regular expression for finding OCR mistakes.

I have a large file of plain text, created using some OCR software. Some words have inevitably been got wrong. I've been trying to create grep or sed, etc., regular expressions to find them - but haven't quite managed to get it right. Here's what I'm trying to achieve: Output all lines which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with Regular expression now working on file directories

Hello Everyone, I have a file sam1 with the below content SYSYSID;MANDT;/SIE/AD_Z0M_INDX;/SIE/AD_Z0M_KEY1 echo $Regex \bSYSYSID\b|\bMANDT\b|\b/SIE/AD_Z0M_INDX\b|\b/SIE/AD_Z0M_KEY1\b cat sam1 | grep -Eo $Regex I expect the result as SYSYSID MANDT /SIE/AD_Z0M_INDX /SIE/AD_Z0M_KEY1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
4 Replies
asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				     asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-restart-instance, restart-instance - restarts the specified server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
restart-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the restart-instance to restart the instance with the instance name specified. The restart-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To restart remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. Additionally, the instance must already exist within the domain served by the administration server, and the instance must be running. The restart-instance command is not supported on Windows. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be restarted. Example 1: Using restart-instance in local mode asadmin> restart-instance --local --domain domain1 server1 Instance server1 started Where: server1 is the name of the instance restarted on the domain1 domain. Example 2: Using restart-instance in remote mode asadmin> restart-instance --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 started Where: server1 is the name of the instance restarted. The restarted instance is associated with the user, password, host, and port number specified. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)