Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding directories with expression Post 302768651 by lxdorney on Saturday 9th of February 2013 05:30:26 AM
Old 02-09-2013
Code:
awk -F"[ _]" '$0~p {a[$3]+=$1} END {for (i in a) print a[i]"k "i"/"p}' p="mypattern" server1> result.txt
awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `server1' for reading (Inappropriate ioctl for device)

my apologies, server1 is a directory not a file

my process goes like this:

Code:
mkdir -p server1/ab_1234568_2/mypattern
mkdir -p server1/ab_1234567_2/mypattern
mkdir -p server1/ab_1234569_2/mypattern
mkdir -p server1/ab_1234567_1/mypattern
mkdir -p server1/ab_1234569_3/mypattern

create some files
Code:
cd server1
ls /etc/ -l > ab_1234567_1/mypattern/etc.txt
ls /etc/ -l > ab_1234567_2/mypattern/etc.txt
ls /etc/ -l > ab_1234569_3/mypattern/etc.txt
ls /etc/ -l > ab_1234569_2/mypattern/etc.txt

Code:
cd server1
du -k

4       ./ab_1234568_2/mypattern
8       ./ab_1234568_2
16      ./ab_1234567_2/mypattern
20      ./ab_1234567_2
16      ./ab_1234569_2/mypattern
20      ./ab_1234569_2
16      ./ab_1234567_1/mypattern
20      ./ab_1234567_1
16      ./ab_1234569_3/mypattern
20      ./ab_1234569_3
92      .

is there any chances can get the below result something like this?

32 1234567/mypattern
4 1234568/mypattern
36 1234569/mypattern

sum of all color red
sum of all color green
sum of all color blue

really appreciate your help

Last edited by lxdorney; 02-09-2013 at 08:35 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding directories in UNIX

I am accessing a UNIX server via FTP. I want to retieve a file in a directory. What is the UNIX command that I need to view and retrieve files from a directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yodaddy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expression for Finding Multiple Directories..??

I am writing a shell script to search for previous versions of an application...the application is called TAU and basically i want to search the users home directory and /Applications for any instances of a "TAU" folder.. If found i want to give the user the option to remove the old folders and if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meskue
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create directories with regular expression

Hi guys, can any one tell me how to create directories using regular expression? Let's say that I need to create directories test01, test02, test03.... test10. Can it be done using any regular expression? thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrt
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding correct directories

I have directories like V00R01,V00R02,V01R01,V01R02 in a directory where V is version and R is a release. basically I need to set base directory and current directory. Under a version there can be any number of releases and there can be number of versions also. V00R01...V00R50..so on also,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjasai
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using regular expression for directories in find command

Hi, I want to find the files available in a directory /var/user/*/*/data/. I tried using the command "find /var/user/ -path '*/*/data/ -name '*' -type f" it says find: 0652-017 -path is not a valid option and then i tried using "find /var/user/ -name '*/*/data/*' -type f" but its not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothbabu12
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding size of all directories

Alright so I've tried a couple different things that at first glance, looked like they worked. find . -maxdepth 5 -type d -daystart -mtime 1 | xargs du -h Which seems to ignore the previous commands such as depth and modified time. find .. -maxdepth 2 -type d -daystart -ctime 1 | xargs... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding multiply directories

I have multiply directories scattered throughout my system that end in 2011. Example: one_2011 two_2011 three_2011 etc.... I'm trying to find all of these directories but coming up short. I tried find / -type d -name *2011 > example Any suggestions? I already searched in the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regular expression for finding OCR mistakes.

I have a large file of plain text, created using some OCR software. Some words have inevitably been got wrong. I've been trying to create grep or sed, etc., regular expressions to find them - but haven't quite managed to get it right. Here's what I'm trying to achieve: Output all lines which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with Regular expression now working on file directories

Hello Everyone, I have a file sam1 with the below content SYSYSID;MANDT;/SIE/AD_Z0M_INDX;/SIE/AD_Z0M_KEY1 echo $Regex \bSYSYSID\b|\bMANDT\b|\b/SIE/AD_Z0M_INDX\b|\b/SIE/AD_Z0M_KEY1\b cat sam1 | grep -Eo $Regex I expect the result as SYSYSID MANDT /SIE/AD_Z0M_INDX /SIE/AD_Z0M_KEY1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)