Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Size calculation MB to GB
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Size calculation MB to GB Post 302768627 by Jotne on Saturday 9th of February 2013 03:30:26 AM
Old 02-09-2013
Divide at the print function
eks
Code:
("bootinfo -s " disk) | getline; printf "%s\t",$0/1024; sum+=$0/1024

This User Gave Thanks to Jotne For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partitioning script for rescue mode (disk size calculation)

Hello! I need to write partitioning script wich would work in rescue mode. It will prepare partitions and unpack linux on it. However I need to calculate whole size of the disk and create: /dev/sda1 --> One big partition (minus (2*size of memory) for swap) /dev/sda2 --> Swap partition... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pug123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Size calculation with AWK

Hello Friends, Im calculating file sizes with below AWK script. I do this before some spesific files are transferred. I run the script it works but after several running it stuck with a limit of 2147483647 (2 Gbytes -1 byte) and cant exceed this. Something is wrong and I can't proceed, would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculation

Could someone till me what this calculation really means let foo=`date "+(1%H-106)*60+1%M-100"` bar=foo+1440 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie999
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

VG calculation in GB

for i in `lsvg` do echo "VG Name:" $i echo "Total VG Size:" lsvg $i |grep "TOTAL PPs:" |awk '{print $7}' | cut -c2- echo "Free VG Size:" lsvg $i |grep "FREE PPs:" | awk '{print $7}' | cut -c2- done The PP Sizes are in MB. I like to have the sizes in GB. Also, I like to have the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
SCSI_READY(8)							     SG3_UTILS							     SCSI_READY(8)

NAME
scsi_ready - do SCSI TEST UNIT READY on devices SYNOPSIS
scsi_ready [--brief] [--help] [--verbose] DEVICE [DEVICE]* DESCRIPTION
This Bourne shell script calls the sg_turs utility on each given DEVICE. This will send a SCSI TEST UNIT READY command to each DEVICE. Disks, tape drives and DVD/BD players amongst others may respond to this SCSI command. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -b, --brief for each DEVICE given output a line containing either ' ready' or ' device not ready'. If DEVICE is not found or there is another serious error then an error message will appear instead. -h, --help print out the usage message then exit. -v, --verbose increase level or verbosity. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of this script is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise the exit status is that of the last sg_turs utility called. See the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHORS
Written by D. Gilbert COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
sg_turs (sg3_utils) sg3_utils-1.28 October 2009 SCSI_READY(8)