Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do you create Directory sturctures? Post 302768561 by Yoda on Friday 8th of February 2013 08:40:33 PM
Old 02-08-2013
`-- is just a curved line in the tree Smilie

I guess the entries with extension are files in the tree:-
Code:
history.exe
systems.pdf
english.txt
match.doc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to create any directory that uses numbers as the directory name

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): ================================================================== root@server # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 5) root@server # uname -a Linux server.integrityserver.net... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a directory?

how can i creat a directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: o5m2a8r
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create directory

how do i create a directory. how do check if the directory exist and it is valid? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yang
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot create a directory

Hi, I am using the following command to check weather directory exists , if not i am creating a directory. if then echo "directory already exsist" else mkdir healthcheck.log echo "directory created" >> $_LOGFILE fi But i am gettin the following error in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
6 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create directory

Hi, I want to create directory using shell scripts, my directory will be created with todays date and the scripts will run everyday many times but directory will be created only once and that too when scripts run first time. if directory exist then do nothing else mkdir RIO_`date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Create new directory and move files to that directory.?

Hi All, We have main directory called "head" under this we have several sub directories and under these directories we have sub directories. My requirement is I have to find the SQL files which are having the string "procedure" under "head" directory and sub directories as well. And create... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create directory and sub-directory with awk and bash

In the below I am trying to create a parent directory using the R_2019 line from f1 if what above it is not empty. I then create sub-directories under each parent if there is a match between $2 of f1 and $2. Inside each sub-folder the matching paths in $3 and $4 in f2are printed. If there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
Tree::Simple::Visitor::FromNestedHash(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		Tree::Simple::Visitor::FromNestedHash(3pm)

NAME
Tree::Simple::Visitor::FromNestedHash - A Visitor for creating Tree::Simple objects from nested hash trees. SYNOPSIS
use Tree::Simple::Visitor::FromNestedHash; my $visitor = Tree::Simple::Visitor::FromNestedHash->new(); # given this nested hash tree my $hash_tree = { Root => { Child1 => { GrandChild1 => {}, GrandChild2 => {} }, Child2 => {} } }; # set the array tree we # are going to convert $visitor->setHashTree($hash_tree); $tree->accept($visitor); # this then creates the equivalent Tree::Simple object: # Tree::Simple->new("Root") # ->addChildren( # Tree::Simple->new("Child1") # ->addChildren( # Tree::Simple->new("GrandChild1"), # Tree::Simple->new("GrandChild2") # ), # Tree::Simple->new("Child2"), # ); DESCRIPTION
Given a tree constructed from nested hashs, this Visitor will create the equivalent Tree::Simple heirarchy. METHODS
new There are no arguments to the constructor the object will be in its default state. You can use the "setNodeFilter" methods to customize its behavior. setNodeFilter ($filter_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $filter_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. This code reference is used to filter the tree nodes as they are created, the $filter_function is passed the node value extracted from the hash prior to it being inserted into the tree being built. The $filter_function is expected to return the value desired for inclusion into the tree. setHashTree ($hash_tree) This method is used to set the $hash_tree that our Tree::Simple heirarchy will be constructed from. It must be in the following form: { Root => { Child1 => { GrandChild1 => {}, GrandChild2 => {} }, Child2 => {} } } Basically each key in the hash is considered a node, values are ignored unless it is a hash reference with at least one key in it, in which case it is interpreted as containing the children of the node created from the key. The tree is validated prior being accepted, if it fails validation an execption will be thrown. The rules are as follows; The hash tree must not be empty. It makes not sense to create a tree out of nothing, so it is assumed that this is a sign of something wrong. The hash tree must be a single rooted tree. The hash tree should have only one key in it's first level, if it has more than one, then it is not a single rooted tree. NOTE: Hash keys are sorted ascii-betically before being added to the tree, this results in a somewhat more predictable hierarchy. visit ($tree) This is the method that is used by Tree::Simple's "accept" method. It can also be used on its own, it requires the $tree argument to be a Tree::Simple object (or derived from a Tree::Simple object), and will throw and exception otherwise. BUGS
None that I am aware of. Of course, if you find a bug, let me know, and I will be sure to fix it. CODE COVERAGE
See the CODE COVERAGE section in Tree::Simple::VisitorFactory for more inforamtion. SEE ALSO
These Visitor classes are all subclasses of Tree::Simple::Visitor, which can be found in the Tree::Simple module, you should refer to that module for more information. AUTHOR
stevan little, <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004, 2005 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-07-14 Tree::Simple::Visitor::FromNestedHash(3pm)