Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Xorg resolution/display size problem Post 302768495 by DGPickett on Friday 8th of February 2013 04:33:13 PM
Old 02-08-2013
I use tightvnc java viewer with free vnc 4, and I can set my desktop window size to fit anything. If I make it too big, I have scrool bars so I can see it all in pieces. Many X desktops have this sort of pan and zoom capability.

Maybe this would help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RandR

Last edited by DGPickett; 02-08-2013 at 05:42 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to change display resolution

Hi, I would like to know how to change the display resolution in solaris on sparc. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Raja (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphic display resolution

Hello all, I need to fix some resolution in an AIX, how can I do it? It cannot be altered at system reboot, in the other words, I'm setting an display resolution, but when I do a reboot this configuration will be losted. I need somethig like this: Set a configuration and it cannot be changed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nando_zambone
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change display resolution in UnixV4.0D

I would like to know how to change the display resolution in UnixV4.0D. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Avgust (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avgust
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot change my display to high resolution

Hi all, i am one of the newbies with linux. i just install the Enterprise AS on my ibm z60t. I am trying to change the color setting to hight resolution, unfortunately, it does not work. it works only with the 256 color setting. It seems the widescreen or the vga card of my notebook does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Display(xorg.conf) Problem on Dell Inspiron 1420

Dear all, I have Dell Inspiron 1420 with Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. I am facing display problem on Redhat 5 Server. Please, Help me how to configure xorg.conf manually. Recently, i have upgraded Kernel kernel-2.6.18-138.el5.i686. Thank You Anu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anu18
0 Replies

7. Solaris

OpenWindows display resolution problem

Hi all! On my SPARC mashine I have changed the screen resolution from default to: output-device screen r1024x768x75, because the OBP picture too big (e.g. Sun Logo and OBP text). Now, after the system booting I have the problem with OpenWindows picture (e.g. the window manager does not display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Correcting the display resolution

I have an issue with the display resolution under Xfce. The monitor can handle 1024x768, but the screen display is 800x600. The control panel does not allow me to change this. I also found the file .config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml in which I have made changes, but after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

9. AIX

Change AIX display resolution ?

Hello, Running X on AIX local display - want to change resolution. On Linux for example I used xrandr. ? thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies
REMOTE-VIEWER(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  REMOTE-VIEWER(1)

NAME
remote-viewer - a simple remote desktop client SYNOPSIS
remote-viewer [OPTIONS] URI DESCRIPTION
remote-viewer is a simple remote display client. The supported protocols are SPICE and VNC. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted when running "remote-viewer": -h, --help Display command line help summary -V, --version Display program version number -v, --verbose Display information about the connection -z PCT, --zoom=PCT Zoom level of the display window in percentage. Range 10-200. -f, --full-screen Start with the window maximised to fullscreen --spice-controller Use the SPICE controller to initialize the connection with the SPICE server. This option is used by the SPICE browser addons to allow web page to start a client. --debug Print debugging information EXAMPLES
To connect to SPICE server on host "makai" with port 5900 remote-viewer spice://makai:5900 To connect to VNC server on host "tsingy" with port 5900 remote-viewer vnc://tsingy:5900 BUGS
Report bugs to the mailing list "http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/virt-tools-list" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Red Hat, Inc., and various contributors. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License "http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html". There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
"virt-viewer(1)", the project website "http://virt-manager.org" perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 REMOTE-VIEWER(1)