Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail issue
Operating Systems Solaris Mail issue Post 302768451 by DGPickett on Friday 8th of February 2013 02:54:27 PM
Old 02-08-2013
I think the concern is that the host you forward mail to is defined, and the hosts file is redundant but more reliable. The DNS/resolv.conf IP's are nameservers.

If you want more detail on what is failing, you can trace system calls when the server/app tries to deliver with truss/strace/tusc.

Last edited by DGPickett; 02-11-2013 at 11:10 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Issue

I am trying to send mail to a pager. I am able to send e-mails to other systems, but this is not sending the message through. The page works but the text message is not displayed. Does anyone see anything wrong with this syntax or have any ideas. We are using Unix 5.2 on an RS6000 box. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Currupt Mail issue in sendmail

I am using sendmail on salaris 9. This server gets a heavy load of emails as big as 100 mb. i nedd suggestion on two issues.1st what can be the most common reason for frequent mail cuurption. 2nd how to fix a currupt email. the method i know is vi and deltting the lines till From is the 1st word of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazharhasan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in mail sending process

Hi I created one CSV file and i need to append some message in the content of my mail. $sales=sales.dat $sales_csv=sales.csv $sales_report=sales.txt this is the command am using it. echo "sales for `date`"| read subject uuencode $sales $sales_csv | mailx -ms "${subject}."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with mail attachment

Hi Unix Gurus, Need your help regarding a weird issue that I'm facing. I have an automated unix script that sends out PGP encrypted reports/feeds to our users as mail attahments. Every thing has been going well and all the users have no issues except one, who instead of getting the attachment,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunsoman80
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Send mail issue.

Hi Gurus, I have moved one of my servers(Sol-9) to client site and have an issue trying to send mails from their site through SMTP server in my site. I get the below error when my server forwards mails to the SMTP server in another domain. root: mailx -v hari.ganesh@fnis.com Subject: test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

mail issue

Hi Friends, I wrote one shell script which will send some emails to the customers. I am using the "mail" command on the script to send the mails. As my hostname is "test.xxxx.com" and the username is "noreply", the sender address will become noreply@test.xxxx.com. As test.xxxx.com is not a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue in mail command

I have used the mail command from the command line for sending mail from one machine to anther machine. Example: mail -s "Test" thillaselvan@xxx.co.in Testing But the mail is not getting received. I have checked the logs in the following file. tail -f /var/log/exim4/mainlog It is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Server Mail Issue

Solaris server does not receive email from other servers any more. For example, If we send mail from server A to server B, mail is not reaching server B and there is no message or warning about failure of sending mail in server A. What may be the issue of this? Thankyou in advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner46
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail sending issue

I have a script to run root commands on my server namely (alpha), If this commands run successfully I need to mail to myuser@domain.com I need the email to be from alpha@domain.com not from root@alpha.com, Is there a way to do this while I'm running the script as a root # cat myscript ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
2 Replies
RESOLVCONF.CONF(5)					      System Manager's Manual						RESOLVCONF.CONF(5)

NAME
resolvconf.conf -- resolvconf configuration file DESCRIPTION
resolvconf.conf is the configuration file for resolvconf(8). The resolvconf.conf file is a shell script that is sourced by resolvconf(8), meaning that resolvconf.conf must contain valid shell commands. Listed below are the standard resolvconf.conf variables that may be set. After updating this file, you may wish to run resolvconf -u to apply the new configuration. RESOLVCONF OPTIONS
interface_order These interfaces will always be processed first. If unset, defaults to the following:- lo lo[0-9]* dynamic_order These interfaces will be processed next, unless they have a metric. If unset, defaults to the following:- tap[0-9]* tun[0-9]* vpn vpn[0-9]* ppp[0-9]* ippp[0-9]* search_domains Prepend search domains to the dynamically generated list. search_domains_append Append search domains to the dynamically generated list. domain_blacklist A list of domains to be removed from consideration. To remove a domain, you can use foo.* To remove a sub domain, you can use *.bar name_servers Prepend name servers to the dynamically generated list. You should set this to 127.0.0.1 if you use a local name server other than libc. name_servers_append Append name servers to the dynamically generated list. name_server_blacklist A list of name servers to be removed from consideration. The default is 0.0.0.0 as some faulty routers send it via DHCP. To remove a block, you can use 192.168.* private_interfaces These interfaces name servers will only be queried for the domains listed in their resolv.conf. Useful for VPN domains. This is equivalent to the resolvconf -p option. state_dir Override the default state directory of /run/resolvconf. This should not be changed once resolvconf is in use unless the old direc- tory is copied to the new one. LIBC OPTIONS
The following variables affect resolv.conf(5) directly:- resolv_conf Defaults to /etc/resolv.conf if not set. resolv_conf_options A list of libc resolver options, as specified in resolv.conf(5). resolv_conf_passthrough When set to YES the latest resolv.conf is written to resolv_conf without any alteration. resolv_conf_sortlist A libc resolver sortlist, as specified in resolv.conf(5). resolv_conf_local_only If a local nameserver is configured then the default is just to specify that and ignore all other entries as they will be configured for the local nameserver. Set this to YES to list them instead, if you need working DNS and the local nameserver stops functioning at the expense of duplicated server queries. SUBSCRIBER OPTIONS
openresolv ships with subscribers for the name servers dnsmasq(8), named(8), pdnsd(8) and unbound(8). Each subscriber can create configura- tion files which should be included in in the subscribers main configuration file. dnsmasq_conf This file tells dnsmasq which nameservers to use for specific domains. dnsmasq_resolv This file tells dnsmasq which nameservers to use for global lookups. Example resolvconf.conf for dnsmasq: nameservers=127.0.0.1 dnsmasq_conf=/etc/dnsmasq-conf.conf dnsmasq_resolv=/etc/dnsmasq-resolv.conf Example dnsmasq.conf: listen-address=127.0.0.1 conf-file=/etc/dnsmasq-conf.conf resolv-file=/etc/dnsmasq-resolv.conf named_options Include this file in the named options block. This file tells named which nameservers to use for global lookups. named_zones Include this file in the named global scope, after the options block. This file tells named which nameservers to use for specific domains. Example resolvconf.conf for named: nameservers=127.0.0.1 named_options=/etc/named-options.conf named_zones=/etc/named-zones.conf Example named.conf: options { listen-on { 127.0.0.1; }; include /etc/named-options.conf; }; include /etc/named-zones.conf; pdnsd_conf This is the main pdnsd configuration file which we modify to add our forward domains to. If this variable is not set then we rely on the pdnsd configuration file setup to read pdnsd_resolv as documented below. pdnsd_resolv This file tells pdnsd about global nameservers. If this variable is not set then it's written to pdnsd_conf. Example resolvconf.conf for pdnsd: nameservers=127.0.0.1 pdnsd_conf=/etc/pdnsd.conf # pdnsd_resolv=/etc/pdnsd-resolv.conf Example pdnsd.conf: global { server_ip = 127.0.0.1; status_ctl = on; } server { # A server definition is required, even if emtpy. label="empty"; proxy_only=on; # file="/etc/pdnsd-resolv.conf"; } unbound_conf This file tells unbound about specific and global nameservers. Example resolvconf.conf for unbound: nameservers=127.0.0.1 unbound_conf=/etc/unbound-resolvconf.conf Example unbound.conf: include: /etc/unbound-resolvconf.conf SEE ALSO
resolv.conf(5) and resolvconf(8). AUTHORS
Roy Marples <roy@marples.name> BUGS
Please report them to http://roy.marples.name/projects/openresolv BSD
March 19, 2012 BSD