Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Install google chrome browser in RHEL Post 302768447 by verdepollo on Friday 8th of February 2013 02:44:20 PM
Old 02-08-2013
You can always go to chrome webpage and get the RPMs there. If any libraries are missing after the installation, either install them using yum or download them manually from any RHEL 5.* web repos.

I'm wondering which yum repository you're using, since -as far as I know- chrome is not available in the official RHEL repositories.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Google Chrome OS

Google Chrome For Linux!!!

Its not stable yet but it is in progress guys (: Early Access Release Channels ?(Chromium Developer Documentation)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dervish
1 Replies

2. Google Chrome OS

google chrome os

i want to install google chrome , but i don't from where can i get the source (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_land
2 Replies

3. Google Chrome OS

Google Chrome Operating System

Google Chrome OS is an open source Google project and will be available to use at no cost in 2010, initially be targeted at netbooks. In 2009, Google will open-source Chrome OS code. The software architecture is Google Chrome running within a new window manager on top of the Linux kernel. ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
20 Replies

4. Google Chrome OS

Google Chrome Mobile?

I know that Google Chrome came out with the Android under a Unix based system, but did it come out yet for Windows Mobile? I have Windows Mobile 6 on my device. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Google Chrome is blocking access to UNIX.com

For some reason Google Chrome sees unix.com as dangerous and has start to block it. I need to select advanced and continue on own risk. Can you make an effort to remove unix.com form the list of dangerous site from Google. IE has not this problem. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to install google-chrome?

Am trying to Install Google-Chrome browser from my server to local machine.. I tried.. # yum install google-chrome-stable* (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adhi
1 Replies

7. Linux

Chrome browser no longer working on my debian lenny 5

Hi All, My chrome browser was working correctly on my Debian Lenny 5 PC..Today i downloaded the version from google and tried to install the deb from command line as follows: dpkg -i <latest-chrome-package> The installation failed but now my existing old chrome browser is not starting. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Google chrome not work

Hi Dears i use UBUNTU 16.04 LTS. I download google chrome .deb package and install it but not work. i remove and purge it and install again but not work. i remove .confi too. what kind of details you need? Can help me? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
7 Replies
dtc_install_centos(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     dtc_install_centos(8)

NAME
dtc_install_centos - bootstrap a CentOS install to use in a chroot or VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_install_centos <install root> <yum environment> DESCRIPTION
This shell script is part of the dtc-xen package, generally to be used by the dtc panel to install a new a Xen VPS server. This script is called by dtc_reinstall_os when the user chooses to install the CentOS operating system. How it works: it generates a temporary yum configuration in the yum environment directory, that directs yum to act inside the install root instead of in the base system; then it kindly requests yum to install the basesystem, centos-release and yum packages onto it. Yum then uses the configuration to download the required (usually, security-updated) packages and then perform the RPM installation process under the install root. It requires both RPM and yum. It does work under Debian (it was developed in Ubuntu first). It should also work on RPM-based systems without destroying the system-wide RPM and yum configurations. OPTION
<install root> Target directory where CentOS will be deployed. Must exist beforehand. <yum environment> Directory where yum will store the repository manifests and configuration. Will be automatically created. Cached RPMs and manifests will be left, as usual, in a directory var/cache/yum inside the install root. EXAMPLE
dtc_install_centos /root/yum /xen/13 This will setup the operating system in /xen/13, with the CentOS configuration folder in /root/yum. BUGS
It's limited to CentOS 5 at the moment. It must be run as root. Under some circumstances, the installation process itself may kill processes running on the host machine. The chroot yum does should be sufficient to avoid this, but we haven't been able, yet, to ascertain why this fails sometimes. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8) VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_install_os version 0.3.1. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_install_centos(8)