Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my script Post 302768445 by Akshay Hegde on Friday 8th of February 2013 02:42:57 PM
Old 02-08-2013
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my script

Hi...

I am fed up in file handing with array for comparing....

1st I want save first 2 columns of file 1

I tried like this,,

Code:
{getline< "file1";ln[NR]=$1; lt[NR]=$2}

then I read second file's 1st and 2nd column..and saved like this
and small calculation and initialization
Code:
var1 =$1
var2 =$2
calc1= $2-0.1
calc2=$2+0.1
x=0
y=0

for loop for 2nd field of 1st and 2nd column...with a length of file 2's number of lines
Code:
for(j=1;j<=file2's length,j++)

now for loop like this for
Code:
(i=1;i<file1's array length;i++)

comparison
Code:
if lt[i] >=calc1 && lt[i]<=calc2

following if statements
else increment i and again check condition,

once i length reaches file1's array length

print file2's column fields..

then increment of j in 1st for loop

my script is having some mistakes...as I don't know much about either awk or shell...so I could not find where is problem....those who know, please solve my problem

Code:
c=`awk 'END{print NR}'file1`
awk '{{getline< "file1";ln[NR]=$1; lt[NR]=$2}}
FNR<=NR{
l1=$1;
la1=$2;
p=la1+0.1;
m=la1-0.1;
x=0;
y=0;
{
for(j=1;j<='$c';j++)
if(lt[j]>=m && lt[j]<=p)
{
if(l1>=ln[j])
x=x+1
if(l1<=ln[j])
y=y+1
}
}
if(x>=1 && y>=1)
print l1,la1,"Wow you are safe..."
}' OFS="\t" file2.dat

I hope you people understand this thread

Last edited by Akshay Hegde; 02-09-2013 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: need of help.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrong with my script?

Hey guys, can someone help me with this script... #!/bin/sh dir=`pwd` for i in *.f do if then M=`wc -l < ${i} sed -e 's://.*::' < ${i} | \ (echo "//${i} -"$M ; cat - ) > $i.tmp chmod 700 $i ; mv ${i}.tmp $i ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lem2003
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with this script?

I keep getting errors messages for the "else" statement at line 81? #!/bin/ksh ######### Environment Setup ######### PATH=/gers/nurev/menu/pub/sbin:/gers/nurev/menu/pub/bin:/gers/nurev/menu/pub/mac :/gers/nurev/menu/adm/sbin:/gers/nurev/menu/adm/bin:/gers/nurev/menu/adm/mac:/ge... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this script

I am trying to create a script but it is giving me errors on Cygwin for the following script. Could someone tell me, what am I doing wrong? choice=1000 echo "choice is $choice" while ; do echo "choice is $choice" echo 'Please select your option:' echo '1. Option 1' echo '2. Option 2'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitg1980
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong with this script?

Hi, I have this example script which gives error ": unexpected operator/operand". I need the '' brackets for operator precedence. #!/bin/ksh x="abc" y="xyz" z="123" if -a then print "yes" else print "no" fi Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs1969
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with this script?

Hi I've made a short script but it is not working. Can some pl. help me out in this? ./123.sh #! /usr/bin/ksh # for changing to this directory cd /layered/relational/scripts When I run the above scripts, it doesn't change to the above directory. I don't what is the problem? the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Gone Wrong

Hello all, so this is a script i did for an assignement, - first option greets the user according to the time after fetching his name - second options isn't implemented - third check the performance according to how many users are using the system - creates a log of names, time and ip of the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibzee33
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with my script ....

Please see below mentioned my script ... it ran once without any issue .... then after it is not coming out .... please suggest what is wrong? #!/bin/ksh ## if (( ${num_errors} > 0 )); export ACULOG=/home/varshnes/input export num_errors=10 **** Search for 'Start correcting roll up... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: heyitsmeok
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong on this script?

I get this error on these lines when i run this script:"for i in /home;do file2=`ls -s $i` if ;then ls - s $i fi done (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotsos13
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with my script?

Dear All The following is part of my script: echo ${myarray} mytitle=`awk '{print substr(${myarray}, 0, length(${myarray})-4)}' /dev/null` the echo ${myarray} works fine; however, I keep getting following error for the mytitle=.. part: awk: line 1: syntax error at or near { awk: line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)