Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Telnet or rsh takes too much time Post 302768443 by hicksd8 on Friday 8th of February 2013 02:34:56 PM
Old 02-08-2013
As Zaxxon says, the first thing to check is the DNS service. The delay could be all caused by a very slow resolution process.

What happens if instead of

Code:
telnet <nodename>

you enter

Code:

telnet <ip address>

Do you still see the delay?

Otherwise, can you introduce a third system into this and see if you can tell which node is causing the problem?

Also, just noticed you are using 10.1.1.* ip addresses. Are you sure that your network knows that these ip's are local and not out in the big wide world?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet/Rsh

I am having a strange problem... I am trying to telnet into my Solaris m/c But it gives "Connection Closed " Same with rlogin and rsh But I can Login into ftp or do a finger to that m/c. I have no hosts.allow or hosts.deny entries . And also have one hostname in my local m/c . Can anybody... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
7 Replies

2. Programming

fwrite takes extremely long time

After my previous thread, I think I found out what causes the long delays. I run this program on several Linux computers, and the sometimes (after the file with the arrays becomes big) the fwrite takes between 100 ms to 900 ms. This is very bad for me, as I want a timer to halt each 30 ms.... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: inna
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Can ftp but not telnet/ssh/rsh

Hi , I have a Solaris 9 machine in which I can ftp but telnet/rsh/ssh is not working, although it was working before. I cannot also log in through the console. I get the banner for telnet but it kicks me out. Any ideas? rte (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
2 Replies

4. Solaris

takes time to connect my application

getting delayed to connect to my database in solaris Does anyone help me to get out of this issue help will be more appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gods_help
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Telnet/ssh connection takes a lot of time.

We have three Oracle instances running on our Sun-Blade-T6300. Telnet or SSH connection to one of the instance (or to user oramach) takes a lot of time whether using putty or SecureCRT but connection to any other user is very fast. Any idea what may be causing this slow connection to this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmgr
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time how long it takes to load a module

Hello, like the title says, how can i measure the time it takes to load a module in Linux, and how how can i measure the time it takes to load a statically compiled module. /Best Regards Olle ---------- Post updated at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:54 AM ---------- For... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollebanan
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort takes a long time

Dear experts I have a 200MG text file in this format: text \tab number I try to sort using options -fd and it takes very long! is that normal or I can speed it up in some ways? I dont want to split the file since this one is already splitted. I use this command: sort -fd file >... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: voolek
12 Replies

8. Red Hat

Login to server takes time

When I am trying to login to a server using Putty ssh from my windows xp machine it is taking too much time for login. My server name is http2 and when I enter this address into putty I immediately get login as: screen, but after I put my username root and enter the cursor moves downwards... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashkrishn
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget takes a long time to complete

Hi, I wish to check the return value for wget $url. However, some urls are designed to take 45 minutes or more to return. All i need to check if the URL can be reached or not using wget. How can i get wget to return the value in a few seconds ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

10. AIX

RCP slow down and blocks login, telnet, rsh, etc on target server

Hello I have a LPAR AIX 6.1 on Power VM, Vio 2.2.3 and when I execute a rcp to this machine, I cant, simultaneosly, rlogin, telnet, rsh to this same LPARt. This commands stay hanged till the copy end, and Imeddiatlely the comand is executed (rlogin, telnet, rhs, etc). Someone can give me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: artur_dietrich
1 Replies
RSH(1C) 																   RSH(1C)

NAME
rsh - remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh host [ -l username ] [ -n ] command host [ -l username ] [ -n ] command DESCRIPTION
Rsh connects to the specified host, and executes the specified command. Rsh copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally terminates when the remote command does. The remote username used is the same as your local username, unless you specify a different remote name with the -l option. This remote name must be equivalent (in the sense of rlogin(1C)) to the originating account; no provision is made for specifying a password with a com- mand. If you omit command, then instead of executing a single command, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1C). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. Thus the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the localfile localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" otherremotefile appends remotefile to otherremotefile. Host names are given in the file /etc/hosts. Each host has one standard name (the first name given in the file), which is rather long and unambiguous, and optionally one or more nicknames. The host names for local machines are also commands in the directory /usr/hosts; if you put this directory in your search path then the rsh can be omitted. FILES
/etc/hosts /usr/hosts/* SEE ALSO
rlogin(1C) BUGS
If you are using csh(1) and put a rsh(1C) in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it will block even if no reads are posted by the remote command. If no input is desired you should redirect the input of rsh to /dev/null using the -n option. You cannot run an interactive command (like rogue(6) or vi(1)); use rlogin(1C). Stop signals stop the local rsh process only; this is arguably wrong, but currently hard to fix for reasons too complicated to explain here. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution April 29, 1985 RSH(1C)