Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail issue
Operating Systems Solaris Mail issue Post 302768433 by Junaid Subhani on Friday 8th of February 2013 02:24:54 PM
Old 02-08-2013
DGPickett
Yes it does. As I said , if I send a test email from the server using mailx command , I do receive it !

---------- Post updated at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:19 AM ----------

GP81

my resolve.conf file has entries :
nameserver 172.16.2.28
nameserver 172.16.2.29

which happen to be my DNS servers.

Do I add the same IP to my /etc/hosts file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Issue

I am trying to send mail to a pager. I am able to send e-mails to other systems, but this is not sending the message through. The page works but the text message is not displayed. Does anyone see anything wrong with this syntax or have any ideas. We are using Unix 5.2 on an RS6000 box. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Currupt Mail issue in sendmail

I am using sendmail on salaris 9. This server gets a heavy load of emails as big as 100 mb. i nedd suggestion on two issues.1st what can be the most common reason for frequent mail cuurption. 2nd how to fix a currupt email. the method i know is vi and deltting the lines till From is the 1st word of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazharhasan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in mail sending process

Hi I created one CSV file and i need to append some message in the content of my mail. $sales=sales.dat $sales_csv=sales.csv $sales_report=sales.txt this is the command am using it. echo "sales for `date`"| read subject uuencode $sales $sales_csv | mailx -ms "${subject}."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with mail attachment

Hi Unix Gurus, Need your help regarding a weird issue that I'm facing. I have an automated unix script that sends out PGP encrypted reports/feeds to our users as mail attahments. Every thing has been going well and all the users have no issues except one, who instead of getting the attachment,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunsoman80
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Send mail issue.

Hi Gurus, I have moved one of my servers(Sol-9) to client site and have an issue trying to send mails from their site through SMTP server in my site. I get the below error when my server forwards mails to the SMTP server in another domain. root: mailx -v hari.ganesh@fnis.com Subject: test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

mail issue

Hi Friends, I wrote one shell script which will send some emails to the customers. I am using the "mail" command on the script to send the mails. As my hostname is "test.xxxx.com" and the username is "noreply", the sender address will become noreply@test.xxxx.com. As test.xxxx.com is not a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue in mail command

I have used the mail command from the command line for sending mail from one machine to anther machine. Example: mail -s "Test" thillaselvan@xxx.co.in Testing But the mail is not getting received. I have checked the logs in the following file. tail -f /var/log/exim4/mainlog It is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Server Mail Issue

Solaris server does not receive email from other servers any more. For example, If we send mail from server A to server B, mail is not reaching server B and there is no message or warning about failure of sending mail in server A. What may be the issue of this? Thankyou in advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner46
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail sending issue

I have a script to run root commands on my server namely (alpha), If this commands run successfully I need to mail to myuser@domain.com I need the email to be from alpha@domain.com not from root@alpha.com, Is there a way to do this while I'm running the script as a root # cat myscript ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
2 Replies
FAXABORT(8C)															      FAXABORT(8C)

NAME
faxabort - tell a HylaFAX server to abort a receive SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxabort [ -q dir ] modem DESCRIPTION
faxabort sends a message to a HylaFAX faxgetty(8C) process servicing modem telling it to abort any active receive operation. The specified modem can either be the name (typically the last component of the terminal port the modem is attached to), or the full name of the associated FIFO named pipe file, e.g. ``FIFO.ttym2''. Note that to abort a send operation the faxrm(1) command must be used. OPTIONS
-q dir Use a spooling area other than /var/spool/fax. NOTES
On some systems it is not possible to abort a received facsimile because of problems in the operating system; on such systems the message sent by faxabort will be (silently) ignored. FILES
/var/spool/fax default spooling area /var/spool/fax/FIFO fifo for contacting faxq Consult hylafax-server(5F) for a complete discussion of the structure and content of the spooling area. SEE ALSO
hylafax-server(5F), faxq(8C), faxgetty(8C) March 3, 1995 FAXABORT(8C)