Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding the group owner for a file Post 302768395 by Dad4x on Friday 8th of February 2013 12:54:21 PM
Old 02-08-2013
Finding the group owner for a file

How would I find out who the group openers is of a file? For example:

Code:
> ls -l myfile
-rwxr-xr-x    1 myronp   hawks            20125 Oct 20 20:50 myfile

How do I return just hawks. I could do this with a series of cut or awk, but is there a more direct way.

The ls -g is better, but still has all the permissions, size info:

Code:
> ls -g sweepftp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 lawson        20125 Oct 20 20:50 sweepftp

There must be a better way to get the group of a file.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-08-2013 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

owner and group in Linux

I am bit unclear of how Linux was set in the real world, please advise me how it's supposed to be. When I log in as root and do a ls -l, I find: /boot, /, /var, /usr, /tmp, /home, /u01, /u02, /u03 and of of this partition is owned by root and the group also belong to root. Is that the way it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't change owner and group of a linux file

Hi, I don't know how the owner & group of a login file in redhat linux 7.2 changed to bache like, -rwxr-xr-x 1 bache bache 17740 Jun 20 02:05 login I am trying to change the owner and group to root by using #chown root login #chgrp root login But i am getting the error ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission, owner and group

hello I search a script (ksh for Aix 5.3) to save all permissions, groups and owner for all files. Because we work much to change it, and a mystake ......! So i want execute this script to save/ execute permissions for all files. If you have this script, thank you for your help ;) best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set the name of the group and the owner while creation of the file?

How to set the name of the group and the owner while creation of the file? -rwxrwxr-x 1 root sys 1202 Dec 5 2002 abc.awk like here i need to set the name of root and sys to xxx xxx Any help is appreciated. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy owner permissions to group

Hi, I need a command or a script to change the group permissions to be the same as the owner permissions for all my files and directories (recursive) any idea ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically change owner and group

We have a program that when a new account is created using the webpage it creates a new directory on the linux filesystem for the account. The problem is the process that creates the directory is as root user, as I want ftpuser to be able to login I have to manually login and chown -R the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a file where the owner and group is not root

Hi, I'm the root user on my computer, but I'm writing a script that does a lot of file handling. Every time I create a file or directory it automatically requires root privileges. Is there a way I can just create a file that the user can access without a password? For example in my script I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
20 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the Group Owner Name

Hi all, How can i find the group owner name...??? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansahr143
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

To identify the group owner

If I have to identify the group owner of an AIX group, what is the command to be used. Example: there is an mqadm group, how do I find the owner of this group? Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
6 Replies

10. AIX

Files without owner and group

Dears it is normal that the below binaries stay without any owner and group I have checked it in many servers and the like the below /usr/lpp/bos.net/inst_root/etc/ipsec# ls -lrt total 248 -r-xr-xr-x 1 987 987 13589 Jun 29 2005 default_group -r-xr-xr-x ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
5 Replies
pods::SDL::GFX::ImageFilter(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  pods::SDL::GFX::ImageFilter(3pm)

NAME
SDL::GFX::ImageFilter - image filtering functions CATEGORY
TODO, GFX METHODS
MMX_detect int gfx_image_MMX_detect() CODE: SDL_imageFilterMMXdetect(); MMX_off void gfx_image_MMX_off() CODE: SDL_imageFilterMMXoff(); MMX_on void gfx_image_MMX_on() CODE: SDL_imageFilterMMXon(); add int gfx_image_add(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAdd(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mean int gfx_image_mean(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMean(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL sub int gfx_image_sub(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSub(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL abs_diff int gfx_image_abs_diff(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAbsDiff(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult int gfx_image_mult(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMult(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_nor int gfx_image_mult_nor(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultNor(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_div_by_2 int gfx_image_mult_div_by_2(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultDivby2(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_div_by_4 int gfx_image_mult_div_by_4(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultDivby4(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL bit_and int gfx_image_bit_and(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBitAnd(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL bit_or int gfx_image_bit_or(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBitOr(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL div int gfx_image_div(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterDiv(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL bit_negation int gfx_image_bit_negation(Src1, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBitNegation(Src1, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL add_byte int gfx_image_add_byte(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAddByte(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL add_uint int gfx_image_add_uint(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned int C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAddUint(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL add_byte_to_half int gfx_image_add_byte_to_half(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAddByteToHalf(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL sub_byte int gfx_image_sub_byte(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSubByte(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL sub_uint int gfx_image_sub_uint(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned int C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSubUint(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_right int gfx_image_shift_right(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftRight(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_right_uint int gfx_image_shift_right_uint(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftRightUint(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_by_byte int gfx_image_mult_by_byte(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultByByte(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_right_and_mult_by_byte int gfx_image_shift_right_and_mult_by_byte(Src1, Dest, length, N, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftRightAndMultByByte(Src1, Dest, length, N, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_left_byte int gfx_image_shift_left_byte(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftLeftByte(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_left_uint int gfx_image_shift_left_uint(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftLeftUint(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_left int gfx_image_shift_left(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftLeft(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL binarize_using_threshold int gfx_image_binarize_using_threshold(Src1, Dest, length, T) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char T CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBinarizeUsingThreshold(Src1, Dest, length, T); OUTPUT: RETVAL clip_to_range int gfx_image_clip_to_range(Src1, Dest, length, Tmin, Tmax) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char Tmin unsigned char Tmax CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterClipToRange(Src1, Dest, length, Tmin, Tmax); OUTPUT: RETVAL normalize_linear int gfx_image_normalize_linear(Src1, Dest, length, Cmin, Cmax, Nmin, Nmax) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length int Cmin int Cmax int Nmin int Nmax CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterNormalizeLinear(Src1, Dest, length, Cmin, Cmax, Nmin, Nmax); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_3x3_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_3x3_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel3x3Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_5x5_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_5x5_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel5x5Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_7x7_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_7x7_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel7x7Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_9x9_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_9x9_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel9x9Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_3x3_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_3x3_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel3x3ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_5x5_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_5x5_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel5x5ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_7x7_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_7x7_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel7x7ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_9x9_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_9x9_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel9x9ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL sobel_x int gfx_image_sobel_x(Src, Dest, rows, columns) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSobelX(Src, Dest, rows, columns); OUTPUT: RETVAL sobel_x_shift_right int gfx_image_sobel_x_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSobelXShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL align_stack void gfx_image_align_stack() CODE: SDL_imageFilterAlignStack(); restore_stack void gfx_image_restore_stack() CODE: SDL_imageFilterRestoreStack(); AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::GFX::ImageFilter(3pm)