Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Telnet or rsh takes too much time Post 302768391 by zaxxon on Friday 8th of February 2013 12:43:51 PM
Old 02-08-2013
Check for DNS resolving issues and check if there is a performance problem on the box you come from or where you go as destination. Maybe also check if there is a network problem with something like traceroute.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet/Rsh

I am having a strange problem... I am trying to telnet into my Solaris m/c But it gives "Connection Closed " Same with rlogin and rsh But I can Login into ftp or do a finger to that m/c. I have no hosts.allow or hosts.deny entries . And also have one hostname in my local m/c . Can anybody... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
7 Replies

2. Programming

fwrite takes extremely long time

After my previous thread, I think I found out what causes the long delays. I run this program on several Linux computers, and the sometimes (after the file with the arrays becomes big) the fwrite takes between 100 ms to 900 ms. This is very bad for me, as I want a timer to halt each 30 ms.... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: inna
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Can ftp but not telnet/ssh/rsh

Hi , I have a Solaris 9 machine in which I can ftp but telnet/rsh/ssh is not working, although it was working before. I cannot also log in through the console. I get the banner for telnet but it kicks me out. Any ideas? rte (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
2 Replies

4. Solaris

takes time to connect my application

getting delayed to connect to my database in solaris Does anyone help me to get out of this issue help will be more appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gods_help
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Telnet/ssh connection takes a lot of time.

We have three Oracle instances running on our Sun-Blade-T6300. Telnet or SSH connection to one of the instance (or to user oramach) takes a lot of time whether using putty or SecureCRT but connection to any other user is very fast. Any idea what may be causing this slow connection to this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmgr
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time how long it takes to load a module

Hello, like the title says, how can i measure the time it takes to load a module in Linux, and how how can i measure the time it takes to load a statically compiled module. /Best Regards Olle ---------- Post updated at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:54 AM ---------- For... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollebanan
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort takes a long time

Dear experts I have a 200MG text file in this format: text \tab number I try to sort using options -fd and it takes very long! is that normal or I can speed it up in some ways? I dont want to split the file since this one is already splitted. I use this command: sort -fd file >... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: voolek
12 Replies

8. Red Hat

Login to server takes time

When I am trying to login to a server using Putty ssh from my windows xp machine it is taking too much time for login. My server name is http2 and when I enter this address into putty I immediately get login as: screen, but after I put my username root and enter the cursor moves downwards... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashkrishn
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget takes a long time to complete

Hi, I wish to check the return value for wget $url. However, some urls are designed to take 45 minutes or more to return. All i need to check if the URL can be reached or not using wget. How can i get wget to return the value in a few seconds ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

10. AIX

RCP slow down and blocks login, telnet, rsh, etc on target server

Hello I have a LPAR AIX 6.1 on Power VM, Vio 2.2.3 and when I execute a rcp to this machine, I cant, simultaneosly, rlogin, telnet, rsh to this same LPARt. This commands stay hanged till the copy end, and Imeddiatlely the comand is executed (rlogin, telnet, rhs, etc). Someone can give me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: artur_dietrich
1 Replies
fsck_cachefs(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  fsck_cachefs(1M)

NAME
fsck_cachefs - check integrity of data cached with CacheFS SYNOPSIS
fsck -F cachefs [-m] [-o noclean] cache_directory DESCRIPTION
The CacheFS version of the fsck command checks the integrity of a cache directory.This utility corrects any CacheFS problems it finds by default. There is no interactive mode. The most likely invocation of fsck for CacheFS file systems is at boot time from an entry in the /etc/vfstab file. See vfstab(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -m Check, but do not repair. -o noclean Force a check on the cache even if there is no reason to suspect there is a problem. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using fsck_cachefs to Force a Check on the Cache Directory The following example forces a check on the cache directory /cache3: example% fsck -F cachefs -o noclean /cache3 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfsadmin(1M), fsck(1M), mount_cachefs(1M), vfstab(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 9 Oct 2002 fsck_cachefs(1M)