Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Generate unique mac address
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generate unique mac address Post 302768183 by RudiC on Friday 8th of February 2013 06:11:14 AM
Old 02-08-2013
Copy / paste into terminal?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to Achive IP address through MAC(Ethernet) address

Hi sir, i want to make such programe which takes MAC(Ethernet) address of any host & give me its IP address....... but i'm nt getting that how i can pass the MAC address to Frame........ Please give me an idea for making such program... Thanks & regards Krishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnacins
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to generate unique id from constant sid

Hello I have multiple accounts that running application that uses unique port number I want to generate this port from some sid number that stays constant for every user account , is there any place in the system that generate number that is unique to the account ? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Get ip address from mac address

I have following message in my messages file on solaris 10 WARNING: e1000g3712000:3 has duplicate address 010.022.196.011 (in use by 00:50:56:85:25:ef); disabled Now is there any way i can find which server has 00:50:56:85:25:ef mac address either IP or Hostname ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

Tracing a MAC address to IP address: Solaris

Hi there I lost connectivity to one of our remote systems and when I checked the messages log I found the following: Aug 10 23:42:34 host xntpd: time reset (step) 1.681729 s Aug 16 13:20:51 host ip: WARNING: node "mac address" is using our IP address x.x.x.x on aggr1 Aug 16 13:20:51 host... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate 10.000 unique numbers?

hello, does anybody can give me a hint on how to generate a lot of numbers which are not identically via scripting etc? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xrays
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find unique IP address in a list

Hello, I got a list of IP address from which I would like to remove the duplicates. I cat the file and pipe it to uniq -u or uniq -c, I got the same output with all the duplicates. Can anybody please tell me how I can remove the duplicates IPs from this file? This is what I used. cat filename |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate unique user id with each addition of data

As I add new data to database.txt I want to generate a unqiue User Id. This is my current solution. echo $RANDOM:$lname:$fname >> database.txt But I seem to have problems when I try and use $RANDOM for formatting like so: grep "^4539" database.txt | awk -F":" '{print "User... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yonkers062986
4 Replies

8. AIX

Generate Private IPv4 address..

Hi, I wanted to generate IPv4 address that communicates between client and server that dumps packets into machines.. Please help with the steps.. Am daemon new to networking.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate 10000 unique audio file of 2MB each using shell script.

Hi, I want 10000+ unique Audio file of approx 2MB each. How can i generate numerous audio files using shell script. Any tool, command or suggestions are welcome. If i give one audio seed file then can we create numerous unique files with same seed file? Any help is highly appreciable.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushil.kumar
11 Replies

10. IP Networking

MAC Address - Four Interfaces with the same MAC Address

four interfaces with ifconfig all interfaces have the same mac. If is not set for unique. but it still works. what difference does it make to have all macs the same or different? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
4 Replies
Net::Libdnet::Arp(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Net::Libdnet::Arp(3pm)

NAME
Net::Libdnet::Arp - high level API to access libdnet arp_* functions SYNOPSIS
use Net::Libdnet::Arp; my $h = Net::Libdnet::Arp->new; my $mac = $h->get('10.0.0.1'); my $sucess = $h->add('10.0.0.1', '00:11:22:33:44:55'); my $sucess = $h->delete('10.0.0.1', '00:11:22:33:44:55'); my $data; $h->loop(&arp_print, $data); sub arp_print { my ($e, $data) = @_; printf("%s at %s ", $e->{arp_pa}, $e->{arp_ha}); } DESCRIPTION
This modules is a higher level abstraction for libdnet arp_* functions. METHODS
new () Returns an object to access arp cache table on success, undef otherwise. get (scalar) Returns the mac address of specified IP address, undef otherwise. add (scalar, scalar) Adds an entry to arp cache table. Returns 1 on success, undef otherwise. First parameter is the IP address, second is the mac address. delete (scalar, scalar) Deletes an entry from arp cache table. Returns 1 on success, undef otherwise. First parameter is the IP address, second is the mac address. loop (subref, [ scalarref ]) Calls the specified sub ref for each entry in the arp cache table. The second optional parameter is a scalar ref, to store state information (if any). AUTHOR
Patrice <GomoR> Auffret COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
You may distribute this module under the terms of the BSD license. See LICENSE file in the source distribution archive. Copyright (c) 2008-2011, Patrice <GomoR> Auffret perl v5.14.2 2011-10-15 Net::Libdnet::Arp(3pm)