Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: History command
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat History command Post 302768101 by ./hari.sh on Friday 8th of February 2013 03:11:53 AM
Old 02-08-2013
Add the following line to your .bashrc file

HISTCONTROL=ignorespace

By doing this, the commands you don't want to record in history can be escaped by adding a space in the beginning

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History Command

Hi I am using ksh shell, and I am unable to use the command !n (where n is the number in the history list). Please help me... :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command history

Dear all, I am using solaris 6 O.S. and root previlege.I want to know how to get history of commands given by diff. users logged into the server. I know that history command gives the list of previous commands for that particular log in session. In the simillar manner can I get simillar history... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasdeshmukh
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command history

Hello everyone, I am aware about the history command we use in bash. Just had a question regarding the history of commands. Is there any way i can limit my commands to be remembered or is there any way to delete the commands used by myself? Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in history Command

in my system history command is set to 60 how to remove all the command status even if i give history command. i mean: if i give history command in unix it should not show anything.........how to achieve this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

History Command

Hi all experts, I want to see all the command that is typed in the server 3 days ago. I typed HISTORY command but it does not show all the things. The reason is my senior DBA could see all the commands ran in the server 3 days ago but i cannot see. Please let me know is there anyway i can view... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ma466
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi command history

How do you look at the whole list of previous commands you have used in VI? I know you can use the up and down arrows, but I know there's a way to see the full list. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

history command

hi, i had to submit a project into a directory. i copied it from my location to the specified folder, no problemo. just one thing though. after i copied and searched for the time i copied using the history command, the system would not show. even using the up arrow key would not display my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iluvsushi
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

history command

Hi, I want the command which has to tell all the commands used in different terminals of same Unix box. Command "history" will give the commands used in the same terminal. Advance thanks for your response. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command history

hi i want to show my history command in UNIX solaris ( bash shell ),, i tried this command ( HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " ) but it's not working with me ,, is there any restricted condition to do this command any one know why it's not working to me .. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mondo32
10 Replies
Tcl_RecordAndEval(3TCL) 				      Tcl Library Procedures					   Tcl_RecordAndEval(3TCL)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_RecordAndEval - save command on history list before evaluating SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_RecordAndEval(interp, cmd, flags) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Tcl interpreter in which to evaluate command. CONST char *cmd (in) Command (or sequence of commands) to execute. int flags (in) An OR'ed combination of flag bits. TCL_NO_EVAL means record the command but don't evaluate it. TCL_EVAL_GLOBAL means evaluate the command at global level instead of the current stack level. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_RecordAndEval is invoked to record a command as an event on the history list and then execute it using Tcl_Eval (or Tcl_GlobalEval if the TCL_EVAL_GLOBAL bit is set in flags). It returns a completion code such as TCL_OK just like Tcl_Eval and it leaves information in the interpreter's result. If you don't want the command recorded on the history list then you should invoke Tcl_Eval instead of Tcl_RecordAn- dEval. Normally Tcl_RecordAndEval is only called with top-level commands typed by the user, since the purpose of history is to allow the user to re-issue recently-invoked commands. If the flags argument contains the TCL_NO_EVAL bit then the command is recorded without being evaluated. Note that Tcl_RecordAndEval has been largely replaced by the object-based procedure Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj. That object-based procedure records and optionally executes a command held in a Tcl object instead of a string. SEE ALSO
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj KEYWORDS
command, event, execute, history, interpreter, record ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 7.4 Tcl_RecordAndEval(3TCL)