Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD NetBSD Accidently deleted crontab for root Post 302767989 by batence on Thursday 7th of February 2013 10:17:47 PM
Old 02-07-2013
NetBSD Accidently deleted crontab for root

Someone can told me where from get the default crontab settings of root for NetBSD 6.0 please Smilie

### SOLVED ###
The default crontab rules are in etc.tgz /var/cron/tabs/root

Code:
#	$NetBSD: crontab,v 1.15 2002/11/27 15:09:17 perry Exp $
#
# /var/cron/tabs/root - root's crontab for NetBSD
#
SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
HOME=/var/log
CRON_WITHIN=7200
#
#minute	hour	mday	month	wday	command
#
*/10	*	*	*	*	/usr/libexec/atrun
#
# rotate log files every hour, if necessary
0	*	*	*	*	/usr/bin/newsyslog
#
# do daily/weekly/monthly maintenance
15	3	*	*	*	/bin/sh /etc/daily 2>&1 | tee /var/log/daily.out | sendmail -t
30	4	*	*	6	/bin/sh /etc/weekly 2>&1 | tee /var/log/weekly.out | sendmail -t
#30	5	1	*	*	/bin/sh /etc/monthly 2>&1 | tee /var/log/monthly.out | sendmail -t

Last edited by batence; 02-08-2013 at 06:16 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to batence For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab entries deleted !!

Hi all, A friend of mine accidently erased all crontab entries by typing crontab -r. Can anyone pls. help me on this. Is it possible that a backup file is available other than files from the backup tape. Or is it retrievable ??? Thnx, MK (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: minazk
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab deleted accidently

I issued crontab -r accidently instead of crontab -e..n the crontab file got deleted.. is there a way to retrive it?:-( thank you:( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unisam
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

only root's crontab gets not saved

Hi, Something funny is happening over here: when a regular user edits his cron-file (crontab -e) saves and exits vi the correct new cron-file gets installed and saved to disk. But if root does the same, vi saves it but if I then check the cron-file it has the previous contents! I did strace (==... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flok
1 Replies

4. AIX

Crontab cannot run by non-root user

Good morning everybody. I have just receiedv a complaint from our DBA saying that if he create a scripts to run some Oracle performance scripts using crontab and the scheduling part is ok but the job is failed when I checked on /var/adm/cron/log. I have tried his scripts using Oracle id directly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
4 Replies

5. BSD

Netbsd root device not found

Hello there. I installed NetBSD yesterday on an older system to try it out. Everytime I boot, I have to enter in the root device (disk) manually wd0 which then proceeds into asking to define the dump device: is the default then, the sbin/init My question is where am I supposed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: septima.pars
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who deleted crontab?

We are using SunOS 5.10 and Korn Shell. If we need to figure out who deleted our crontab file for a particular user what do we do. Thanks in Advance!! ---------- Post updated at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:19 AM ---------- Friends, Please help.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
5 Replies

7. Solaris

crontab -e as root

So I'm having a problem with crontab -e. It seems like it should work. And it seems like I should know the answer to this question. $ su - # echo $SHELL /bin/sh # crontab -e 372 Any thoughts? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleted the scripts in Crontab by mistake

hi, instead of typing crontab -e i gave crontab -r and hit enter. So i lost all my scripts. Is there any way to restore the deleted scripts? Please help me out Thanks Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accidently deleted /usr contents.

Hi I have the following code which was supposed to clean up a directory when the number of files in that directory exeeded 2.The code is given below. #!/usr/bin/ksh dir_num=`/usr/bin/find /var/.audit -type d | /usr/bin/wc -l` if then oldest_file=`/usr/bin/ls -1t | /usr/bin/tail... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
19 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (Vixie Cron) SYNOPSIS
cron DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d/ directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 20 December 1993 CRON(8)