Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Xorg resolution/display size problem Post 302767979 by snorkack59 on Thursday 7th of February 2013 09:11:25 PM
Old 02-07-2013
Xorg resolution/display size problem

Hello,
I am running Debian 6.0 on a Sun Ultra 5 and the openbox window manager. The window is way larger than the screen and minimized icons go off the screen and I can't get them back. The mode is set to 1280x1024 in the Screen section of xorg.conf and Virtual is also set to 1280x1024 which is the max. for the LCD. xrandr shows both are in effect. I don't see any other option in xorg.conf that might change the window size. Respondents on the openbox mailing list say this is an xorg problem but I don't know what else to do.
Best regards,
Fred

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to change display resolution

Hi, I would like to know how to change the display resolution in solaris on sparc. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Raja (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphic display resolution

Hello all, I need to fix some resolution in an AIX, how can I do it? It cannot be altered at system reboot, in the other words, I'm setting an display resolution, but when I do a reboot this configuration will be losted. I need somethig like this: Set a configuration and it cannot be changed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nando_zambone
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change display resolution in UnixV4.0D

I would like to know how to change the display resolution in UnixV4.0D. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Avgust (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avgust
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot change my display to high resolution

Hi all, i am one of the newbies with linux. i just install the Enterprise AS on my ibm z60t. I am trying to change the color setting to hight resolution, unfortunately, it does not work. it works only with the 256 color setting. It seems the widescreen or the vga card of my notebook does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Display(xorg.conf) Problem on Dell Inspiron 1420

Dear all, I have Dell Inspiron 1420 with Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. I am facing display problem on Redhat 5 Server. Please, Help me how to configure xorg.conf manually. Recently, i have upgraded Kernel kernel-2.6.18-138.el5.i686. Thank You Anu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anu18
0 Replies

7. Solaris

OpenWindows display resolution problem

Hi all! On my SPARC mashine I have changed the screen resolution from default to: output-device screen r1024x768x75, because the OBP picture too big (e.g. Sun Logo and OBP text). Now, after the system booting I have the problem with OpenWindows picture (e.g. the window manager does not display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Correcting the display resolution

I have an issue with the display resolution under Xfce. The monitor can handle 1024x768, but the screen display is 800x600. The control panel does not allow me to change this. I also found the file .config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml in which I have made changes, but after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

9. AIX

Change AIX display resolution ?

Hello, Running X on AIX local display - want to change resolution. On Linux for example I used xrandr. ? thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies
DMXGetScreenAttributes(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 DMXGetScreenAttributes(3)

NAME
DMXGetScreenAttributes - determine back-end screen attributes SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/dmxext.h> Bool DMXGetScreenAttributes(Display *dpy, int screen, DMXScreenAttributes *attr); DESCRIPTION
DMXGetScreenAttributes() returns the attributes for the single DMX screen specified in screen. The DMXScreenAttributes structure is: typedef struct { char *displayName; int logicalScreen; unsigned int screenWindowWidth; unsigned int screenWindowHeight; int screenWindowXoffset; int screenWindowYoffset; unsigned int rootWindowWidth; unsigned int rootWindowHeight; int rootWindowXoffset; int rootWindowYoffset; int rootWindowXorigin; int rootWindowYorigin; } DMXScreenAttributes; displayName is the name used to open the display, either from the Xdmx(1) command-line or from the configuration file. logicalScreen is the value of the screen that that Xdmx(1) server exports to clients. When Xinerama is in use, this value is typically 0 for all values of physicalScreen. If Xinerama is in use, rootWindowXorigin and rootWindowYorigin specify where the physical screen is positioned in the global Xinerama coordinate system. Otherwise, these values are set to 0. screenWindowWidth, screenWindowHeight, screenWindowXoffset, and screenWindowYoffset are a geometry specification (see X(7x)) for the loca- tion of the DMX screen on the back-end screen. The coordinate system of the back-end display is used for these values. rootWindowWidth, rootWindowHeight, rootWindowXoffset, and rootWindowYoffset are a geometry specification (see X(7x)) for the location of the root window on the screen window. The coordinate system of the screen window is used. In most cases, the root window will have the same geometry as the DMX screen window, and will occupy the same area of the back-end display. (This would not be the case, for example, if automatic projector alignment is used.) RETURN VALUE
DMXGetScreenAttributes() returns True unless there is a protocol error. DMXGetScreenAttributes() can generate BadValue errors. SEE ALSO
DMXGetScreenCount(3), DMXChangeScreensAttributes(3), DMX(3), Xdmx(1) X Version 11 libdmx 1.1.3 DMXGetScreenAttributes(3)