Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Can igniteUX run on windows? or Solaris? to instal HP-UX on a PA-RISC? Post 302767863 by lupin..the..3rd on Thursday 7th of February 2013 03:35:26 PM
Old 02-07-2013
Ignite-UX is also available on Linux, it's called Ignite-LUX. For some idiotic reason however, it isn't available on its own - you must purchase some other "software suite" from HP in order to get Ignite-LUX. We just went through this exercise recently, and found the "software suite" to be prohibitively priced. Stupid, since Ignite-UX is "free" on HP-UX.

* I don't remember the name of the software suite, but it was kind of enterprise management and monitoring thing.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How do you run Unix on top of Windows?

Okay, so here's my dealio. I have a (rather old) system that runs Windows 98 Second Edition. What i wanna do is be able to run Unix from it. My question is, how do you do that? A friend told me that when you boot up, the computer will ask you which OS you want to run. I'm really not quite clear on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkAngel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm looking for a 64-bit Desktop that will run Windows, Linspire, FreeBSD and Solaris

Ok, I've been shopping around and I've seen some nice one's, but they are either too expensive or they are not 64-bit; I want to be prepared for the future at the right price (under $3,000 with a decent configuration)! :D Where can I find a good 64-bit desktop or workstation that will run the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Nice Guy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

run process on windows server

hi all in our office we have windows 2003 server for one particular application designed by our team need one service must be running on windows server now when we run process from any user it runs till that user is logged in as soon as he logs off service stops running. we had win 2000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

5. Solaris

run xclock from local solaris to remote solaris

Hello - I am trying to connect to a remote solaris box from a solaris box i have locally present with me using 'ssh login@IP' ... Its connecting fine but... when I run xclock - it says 'Can't open display' Whereas, IF I connect to same remote solaris IP from my windows desktop locally via putty... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a Cron instal pkg for MIPS-SEL processors?

Does anyone know if there is a pkg for installing cron on a mips processor machine with embedded linux? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trogman
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run an already made script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question

how to run an already developed script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question. the script goes away and check traffic information, for example check_GE-VLANStats-P3 1.1.1.1 and returns the results ok. how do I run this against an ip list? i.e a list of 30 ip addresses (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
26 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Run Linux command from windows

hi i downloaded nic demo application from nic.comuf.com. working fine ,but when i run batch script ,always display splash screen maybe 10 sec. how can i remove splash screen when run batch script.? thanks z (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoldkovacs
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell script not run with Windows 10

Hi all, I have a script has been writing for Unix or Linux. Now I want to run under Windows 10. is give me Error: if:Badly formed number How to fix this please help *** This is a copy of a part of Script. set absolute_gap = 0 if ($min_p_to_p != "" && $min_p_to_p != "N/A" && $min_p_to_t... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovo
5 Replies
feraiseexcept(3M)														 feraiseexcept(3M)

NAME
feraiseexcept() - raise floating-point exceptions SYNOPSIS
HP Integrity Server Only PA-RISC Only DESCRIPTION
The function raises the floating-point exceptions represented by its argument. The argument can be constructed as a bitwise OR of the exception macros: and represents all the exceptions. Any traps enabled for the specified exceptions will be taken. USAGE
To use this function, compile either with the default option or with the and options. Make sure your program includes For Integrity servers, specify on the compiler command line or place the call to this function under the effect of an affirmative pragma: If the pragma is placed outside of any top-level declarations in a file, the pragma will apply to all declarations in the compilation fol- lowing the pragma until another pragma is encountered or until the end of the file is reached. If the pragma is placed at the beginning of a block (compound statement), the pragma will apply until another pragma is encountered or until the end of the block is reached. For PA-RISC, you might need to use the compiler option in order to prevent optimizations that can undermine the specified behavior of this function. Link in the math library by specifying on the compiler or linker command line. For more information, see the at the following site: RETURN VALUE
Integrity Server Only This function always returns 0, indicating that all the specified exceptions were successfully raised. PA-RISC Only None. ERRORS
No errors are defined. EXAMPLES
Raise the underflow and inexact exceptions: Raise all exceptions: SEE ALSO
feclearexcept(3M), fegetexceptflag(3M), fegettrapenable(3M), fesetexceptflag(3M), fesettrapenable(3M), fetestexcept(3M), fenv(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
: ISO/IEC C99 (including Annex F, "IEC 60559 floating-point arithmetic") feraiseexcept(3M)