Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help in UNIX Post 302767687 by Srivathsava on Thursday 7th of February 2013 08:26:11 AM
Old 02-07-2013
Help in UNIX

Hi friends,
I am new to UNIX. My issue is..... We are having a path like a/b/c/d/outfiles. The output files generated during execution of program are saved in this path(all output files will be with extension '.out' like output1.out). Is there any UNIX command to jump directly to the path *outfiles*? And is there any command to find the path of the file output1.out directly without searching for that path and downloading the file?
I am trying to use the command find . -name output1.out. ( It will search all the files in current directory and the sub directory). But if I am in a/b directory and searching for that file with that command and if any sub folders of b,c or d doesn't have read permissions, its stopped searching there.
Please help me.
Srivathsava

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
VERMIN(1)							Verilog Compilation							 VERMIN(1)

NAME
vermin - Parses and processes Verilog HDL files SYNTAX
vermin [VERILOGFILE]... [option]... DESCRIPTION
Parses Verilog HDL files for use by other tools. The Verilog grammar used is 1364-1995. OPTIONS
-h[elp] Prints out help screen. -emitmono fname Emit monolithic (parser view of) file to fname. -emitstems Emit source code stems to stdout. -emitvars Emit source code variables to stdout. -Dx=y Equivalent to `define X Y in source. +define+x=y Equivalent to `define X Y in source. +incdir+dirname Add dirname to include search path. +libext+ext Add ext to filename when searching for files. -pragma name Add name (synopsys, verilint, vertex) to accepted pragmas. Note that "vertex" is for legacy reasons; the executable name has since changed to avoid name clashes with an existing 3D modeling program. -y dirname Add directory dirname to source input path. -yi dirname Add directory dirname to source input path (case insensitive search). -f filename Insert args from filename. Does not work recursively. EXAMPLES
The following indicates that the library extension is .v and that the include directory is the current working directory and that the library directory is also the current working directory. Stems generation is enabled to generate a stems file for use with other tools. Various compile-time defines are also defined on the command line. vermin XYZ450AC6V1.v -emitstems -y . +incdir+. +libext+.v -DUTLB_OutputData=0 -D__PORTALS_VERILOG__ AUTHORS
Anthony Bybell <bybell@rocketmail.com> SEE ALSO
rtlbrowse(1) gtkwave(1) Anthony Bybell 0.1.1 VERMIN(1)