Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris In Solaris 10 where to see print logs? Post 302767671 by manalisharmabe on Thursday 7th of February 2013 07:46:52 AM
Old 02-07-2013
Hi,

/var/lp/logs/request file showing something like this, I can not understand anything from this.

Code:
D sul_sp2_4200
F /var/spool/lp/tmp/localhost/5784-1
P 20
T standard input
t simple
U labtab1@server1
s 0x0010

all that I need to check is when i give print to print test page, it should show in logs that the print has been sent form my server which is server1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris Diagnostic Reporter Logs

I have 3510 Disk Array attached to T2000 sever running Solaris 10 and I have set up Diagnostic Reporter to send status update via email once a day. Since logs are growing everyday, my email is getting big too. I cannot recall what file I need to echo > , so that only new logs are sent. Kindly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

2. Solaris

where the logs store in the sun solaris?

hi friends, i would like to know where the logs are store in the sun solaris . i want to know particular logs where user are executing command , editing some process,deleting some file etc,file tranfers. I have tried editing syslog.conf file,but i am not getting the information which i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronsy84
2 Replies

3. Solaris

rsh logs in Solaris

Hi we run rsh (password-less) among solaris 9/10 boxes very frequently and would like to know if there exist any logs which will capture either login session or the commands run (using rsh) or with any other info. TIA Reddy (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Disable all the logs in Solaris

Hi Is there anyway to disable all logs/logging (lastlog, sulog, messages etc.) in Solaris 9&10? I know this is not recommended but i just want to know if this is possible. TIA Reddy (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to clear logs for every 6 hours in solaris

Hi Folks, I need to remove log files for six hours on Solaris. before i used to do for every 24 hours below is the code for 1 day older log files, now i tried using -mmin +360 but it says command not found. Can someone please help me out!!! part of the code: LOG_FILE=`find /home/Logdir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare last 90 logs and print repeating lines with >20

*log files are in date order sample logs... ciscoresets_20120314 ciscoresets_20120313 ciscoresets_20120312 ciscoresets_20120311 ciscoresets_20120310 cat ciscoresets_20120314 SYDGRE04,10,9 SYDGRE04,10,10 SYDGRE04,10,11 SYDGRE04,10,12 SYDGRE04,10,13 SYDGRE04,10,14 SYDGRE04,10,15... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print logs in unix prompt or to a log file?

I am executing a stored procedure through shell script. In the procedure, i have dbms_output.put_line to log the comments. This is working fine and but logs are available only after the execution of the pl/sql procedure's completion. I want to print the log comments while executing the procedure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to view audit logs in Solaris?

Does anyone know if there is software written to view the audit logs generated by Solaris? I am referring the the logs created by auditd. It produces an unreadable log. I am familiar with auditreduce and praudit, but I am looking for something that produces a report, much like logwatch looks at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Setting up Solaris 10 to print to a windows print server

Guys, I have a issue that I am trying to rectify please advise. lpstat -t shows scheduler is running printer lext644 disabled since Mon Dec 02 19:48:18 2013. available.I have restarted the printer service and it shows online but the above says disabled. I have a lot of jobs in the print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrywhitejr
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to print the particular date logs on UNIX (Solaris)?

I would like to get only some particular date logs from /var/adm/messages. Please suggest any command or script to get this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)