Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need to find the user id of all users in UNIX Post 302767563 by ningy on Thursday 7th of February 2013 05:50:18 AM
Old 02-07-2013
y dont u take a look at the /etc/passwd ?

or command
Code:
id username

?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su - user... how to find out the list of users and their passwords..

hi, to do a su - user, we need to know what are the users... so in unix 1) which file to see the list of users, passwords? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find password for current user in unix box

hi all, kindly let me know the command to get password and user for current user in unix. thanks in advance. --Bali Reddy.Y (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
1 Replies

3. AIX

Script allows user to kill other users: I'd like to know HOW...

Hello list, Have a problem that's highlighting gaps in my knowledge; can you assist? We have a script that's tacked onto our trading application which allows branch managers etc. to kill off the sessions of other users at their branch. A menu option in the application spawns a shell running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find one partucular user logs when there are lots of users running on it

On my application there are lots of users are doing there work or tasks? ...In my SSH or in 'Putty' i am observing logs? Hot to observe one particular 'user' logs.. even through there are lots of users working on it? For EX: i am log in with use rid:nikhil@in.com. another one log in with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksr.test
4 Replies

5. AIX

cloning users access with different user name

Hi! this would be my first time to post here in this forums, hope you can help me with my queries. i would like to create a different user name but have the same access rights. Example: root > rootbaby. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HPL1706
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF $USER is not in this list of users, then do this

I need to add to a BASH script if ${USER} is not in a list of users (smitha, brownd, adamsp) then do something... what is the best shortest way to accomplish an if statement with a list like this? Also the list of users should be in the script, not an external file. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to find the OS JRE as well as User installed JRE on my UNIX box!

Hi, I want to determine whether my java application is pointing to the OS version of Java or the User installed Java version on my Unix box. I am aware of the "java -version" command, however I am unsure if the version returned is the OS one or the user one. Please help. Ali. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali40
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to switch to other users using su -user from root

Hi all, I have a small problem. When I log in as root and try to switch to any other user using su -user, then it is giving an error saying libncurses.so permission denied. Can you help me? Thank you in advance. Sai. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai2krishna
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Create a new user from using existing users profile

Hello, Just wanting to know if it is possible. Also I am new to command line. I am running 5.1b, if that matters. Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcha
10 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find IP of user machine executing a particular UNIX command?

Hello, Our applications are deployed in SunOS 5.10 servers. All the team members use a same username/pwd to login to the box. Very often we face issue were we could see that weblogic server instance are KILLED and we are not able to trace who executed kill command. All team members use PUTTY to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santtarius
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)