Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with iostat
Operating Systems AIX Help with iostat Post 302767541 by bakunin on Thursday 7th of February 2013 04:45:06 AM
Old 02-07-2013
You might also want to consider using the "-l" option, which switches to "long output".

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iostat output what is that mean

Hi all, i have run iostat -em, and get below result. Can i know what is this output meaning, and how to fix that problem. iostat -em ---- errors --- device s/w h/w trn tot sd7 0 1 0 1 sd8 1 1 0 2 sd9 0 1 0 1 sd10 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: foongkt5220
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help with iostat ...

All, I am attempting to help tune a Sun for better performance (mainly for SAS 9.1), and have found indicators pointing to poor I/O utilization. I have run iostat -cx, and found one device in particular where the %w is in the 90's during processing. I have a feeling that this is where the SAS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dj_is
3 Replies

3. AIX

how to identified this iostat value

Hi All AIX expert i'm using AIX 5.2 When i execute this command which is : ---------------------------------------------------------------------- >> iostat -a System configuration: lcpu=4 disk=30 tty: tin tout avg-cpu: % user % sys % idle % iowait ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
2 Replies

4. Solaris

iostat -Eni

Sorry for asking basics. What exactly is the situation if device ID is same in iostat -Eni. What we must do then? Is there any relation b/w iostat and cfgadm? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayahari
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

iostat on solaris

Friends. I have to compare iostat -x output with a tool on solaris. Now there is column called wait in the output field which is showing zero. Now, in order to create some load on my system this is what i am doing I am creating a file using dd command , the size of which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

iostat on Redhat 5

A find for the "iostat" command on a redhat 5 update 4 comes back with no results. Any separate rpm needs to be installed to get the binary for this ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

7. Solaris

iostat -En errors

I all, I would like to know what are the causes of : -soft error -harderror -transport error and how to avoid and repare them. I got the iostat out put below: atng-mm01% iostat -En | grep -i hard c0t0d0 Soft Errors: 1 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 c0t0d1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaza
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transport errors in iostat

Hi Unix experts, I have a question regarding a disk failure seen in "iostat -Enm" output: # iostat -Enm c1t0d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 7 Transport Errors: 9 Vendor: FUJITSU Product: MAU3073NCSUN72G Revision: 0802 Serial No: 0514F005M0 Size: 73.40GB <73400057856 bytes> Media... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dyavuzy1
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

IOSTAT monitoring

Does anyone have an example of IOSTAT -eE in a script??????? Need to see the syntax in a script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to use IOSTAT command

Hello everyone, Can you please explain me what kind of information do IOSTAT show ? iostat -xnz 3 show me those informations: The I/O of the c0t0d0 disk is normal ? extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
3 Replies
HEADERDOC2HTML(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					 HEADERDOC2HTML(1)

NAME
headerdoc2html -- header documentation processor SYNOPSIS
headerdoc2html [-HXdhquvx] [-o output_dir] file [file ...] DESCRIPTION
Headerdoc2html processes the header file or files and generates HTML documentation based on specially-formatted comments. The options are as follows: -H The -H option turns on inclusion of the htmlHeader line, as specified in the config file. -X The -X option switches from HTML to XML output -d The -d option turns on extra debugging output. -h The -h option causes headerdoc to output an XML file containing metadata about the resulting document. -p The -p option turns on the C preprocessor. -q The -q option causes headerdoc to be excessively quiet. -u The -u option causes headerdoc to produce unsorted output. -v The -v option causes headerdoc to print version information. -x The -x option causes headerdoc to export fils in a format suitable for inclusion in a database. If no options are specified, headerdoc will produce directories containing its standard HTML output. FILES
/$HOME/Library/Preferences/com.apple.headerDoc2HTML.config SEE ALSO
gatherheaderdoc(1) For more information, see the headerdoc documentation. It can be found in /Developer/Documentation/DeveloperTools if you have the developer tools package installed, or at http://developer.apple.com in the developer tools documentation section. Darwin June 13, 2003 Darwin