Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cygwin sendmail
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cygwin sendmail Post 302767195 by lawsongeek on Wednesday 6th of February 2013 11:18:57 AM
Old 02-06-2013
tried it, and same result at my end. thanks anyway.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have cygwin software on my machine. can i practice shell script on that software or not? thanks sam71 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have software CYGWIN . Can i practice for shell script on that? Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X

I have managed a successful install of Cygwin (after a few tries), and like any sensible person am ignoring the console in favour of the xconsole. I have this set up how I want - tcsh, all hot-keys (including ^z for suspend) and et cetera, but find it awfully slow. Are there any good... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulgura
7 Replies

4. Programming

cygwin

hello ... i am new with cygwin ... and i want you to help me. ... First of all, i want to determine the steady state stream function in a 2-D duct using a square mesh by using the finite-difference methodology and i want to simulate it....and i read a lot of information at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mostafamagdy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin

hi.... i want to set an alias to "ls -lart" permanently. i am using cygwin and in that .bashrc and .bash_profile files are readonly. so please tell me how i can do that? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone else use Cygwin?

I started to gather some stats from our windows servers through the use of cygwin and sshd :) is anyone else doing this sort of thing? interested in some other indicators I should be checking for... thanks, manny the following is only an example of the type of data I am able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin

Do clear command do not work in cygwin.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
gets(n) 						       Tcl Built-In Commands							   gets(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
gets - Read a line from a channel SYNOPSIS
gets channelId ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command reads the next line from channelId, returns everything in the line up to (but not including) the end-of-line character(s), and discards the end-of-line character(s). ChannelId must be an identifier for an open channel such as the Tcl standard input channel (stdin), the return value from an invocation of | open or socket, or the result of a channel creation command provided by a Tcl extension. The channel must have been opened for input. If varName is omitted the line is returned as the result of the command. If varName is specified then the line is placed in the variable by that name and the return value is a count of the number of characters returned. If end of file occurs while scanning for an end of line, the command returns whatever input is available up to the end of file. If chan- nelId is in nonblocking mode and there is not a full line of input available, the command returns an empty string and does not consume any input. If varName is specified and an empty string is returned in varName because of end-of-file or because of insufficient data in non- blocking mode, then the return count is -1. Note that if varName is not specified then the end-of-file and no-full-line-available cases can produce the same results as if there were an input line consisting only of the end-of-line character(s). The eof and fblocked commands can be used to distinguish these three cases. SEE ALSO
file(n), eof(n), fblocked(n), Tcl_StandardChannels(3) KEYWORDS
blocking, channel, end of file, end of line, line, nonblocking, read Tcl 7.5 gets(n)