Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cygwin sendmail
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cygwin sendmail Post 302767005 by franzpizzo on Wednesday 6th of February 2013 05:03:00 AM
Old 02-06-2013
Usually I code in this way:
DEST=to_address@doamin.com
CC=cc_address@doamin.com
FROM="From Name"
SUBJECT="My subject"
BODY="Something you want"
cat << _MAIL_ | /usr/lib/sendmail -F "${FROM}" -f "${FROM}" "${DEST}"
Subject:${SUBJECT}
CC:$CC
Content-Type: text/html;
$BODY
_MAIL_

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have cygwin software on my machine. can i practice shell script on that software or not? thanks sam71 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have software CYGWIN . Can i practice for shell script on that? Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X

I have managed a successful install of Cygwin (after a few tries), and like any sensible person am ignoring the console in favour of the xconsole. I have this set up how I want - tcsh, all hot-keys (including ^z for suspend) and et cetera, but find it awfully slow. Are there any good... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulgura
7 Replies

4. Programming

cygwin

hello ... i am new with cygwin ... and i want you to help me. ... First of all, i want to determine the steady state stream function in a 2-D duct using a square mesh by using the finite-difference methodology and i want to simulate it....and i read a lot of information at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mostafamagdy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin

hi.... i want to set an alias to "ls -lart" permanently. i am using cygwin and in that .bashrc and .bash_profile files are readonly. so please tell me how i can do that? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone else use Cygwin?

I started to gather some stats from our windows servers through the use of cygwin and sshd :) is anyone else doing this sort of thing? interested in some other indicators I should be checking for... thanks, manny the following is only an example of the type of data I am able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin

Do clear command do not work in cygwin.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
requestbackport(1)					      General Commands Manual						requestbackport(1)

NAME
requestbackport - File a backport request bug SYNOPSIS
requestbackport [options] package DESCRIPTION
Determine the intermediate releases that package needs to be backported to, list all reverse-dependencies, and file the backporting request. requestbackport will include a testing checklist in the bug. OPTIONS
-d DEST, --destination=DEST Backport to DEST release and necessary intermediate releases. Default: current stable release. -s SOURCE, --source=SOURCE Backport from SOURCE release. Default: current development release. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Launchpad instance to connect to. Default: production. --no-conf Don't read config files or environment variables -h, --help Display a help message and exit. SEE ALSO
backportpackage(1), reverse-depends(1). AUTHORS
reverse-depends and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools November 2011 requestbackport(1)