Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with concatinating the data of 2 files Post 302766991 by ss_ss on Wednesday 6th of February 2013 04:17:17 AM
Old 02-06-2013
Hi Pamu/Rudi,

Thanks for your inputs, it worked well.

But still facing some formatting issues i.e. both the numbers are coming under one server name only.
Code:
Timestamp             BRM Servers
                          348  349
02/05/2013 22:26          5 6
02/05/2013 22:36          5 6

Need the numbers below their respective server names.

Is there anyhting can be done?

Thanks in advance!!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concatinating data

Hi All, I have a file penn.txt which has the following data: hello I wish to append a sting to this file so that data in the file would be represented as: hello%%% Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks KOP. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatinating the array

i need to concatenate array like. eg: a = { a,b,c} b= { 1,2,3} result should be like below c={a1,b2,c3} can u help me out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatinating the string in each line of the file

how to concatenate particular string in each line of a file.. root$cat conf check_11043 heartbeat_4345 ---------- if i want to add the string "done" output of the file should be check_11043 done heartbeat_4345 done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Bug: A script to compile two types of data files into two temporary files

Dear other forum members, I'm writing a script for my homework, but I'm scratching all over my head and still can't figure out what I did wrong. Please help me. I just started to learn about bash scripting, and I appreciate if anyone of you can point out my errors. I thank you in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilove2smoke
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem when concatinating wildcard onto file location in bash script

I am having difficulty with the following script: #! /bin/bash filelist=~/data/${1}* ~/./convertFile $filelist ~/temp/outputEssentially, there are a large number of files in the directory ~/data, each with a four-letter code at the beginning (eg. aaaa001 aaaa002 bbbb001 bbbb002 etc). The... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lears_Fool
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from indexed files (ISAM files) maintained in an unix server.

Hi, Could someone please assist on a quick way of How to extract data from indexed files (ISAM files) maintained in an UNIX(AIX) server.The file data needs to be extracted in flat text file or CSV or excel format . Usually we have programs in microfocus COBOL to extract data, but would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatinating the lines based on number of delimiters

Hi, I have a problem to concatenate the lines based on number of delimiters (if the delimiter count is 9 then concatenate all the fields & remove the new line char bw delimiters and then write the following data into second line) in a file. my input file content is Title| ID| Owner|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bi.infa
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine data from two files base on uniq data

File 1 ID Name Po1 Po2 DD134 DD134_4A_1 NN-1 L_0_1 DD134 DD134_4B_1 NN-2 L_1_1 DD134 DD134_4C_1 NN-3 L_2_1 DD142 DD142_4A_1 NN-1 L_0_1 DD142 DD142_4B_1 NN-2 L_1_1 DD142 DD142_4C_1 NN-3 L_2_1 DD142 DD142_3A_1 NN-41 L_3_1 DD142 DD142_3A_1 NN-42 L_3_2 File 2 ( Combination of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
SPLAY(1)							Applications/Sound							  SPLAY(1)

NAME
splay - MPEG-1,2 Audio layer 1,2,3 file player SYNOPSIS
splay [-2VMfmrsv] [-k num] [-d dev] [-l list] [-t num] filenames... DESCRIPTION
Splay is the sound file player such as MPEG-1,2 Audio files. And you can play these files using list file. With pthread, it can play sound files smoother. OPTIONS
Splay has several options. -2 play MPEG-Audio files with half-frequency. If you use this option, you may play MPEG audio files with job which exhausts CPU very much. -f display info on played and remaining frames and time. -m force to mono. Play with mono even if file is in stereo. -r Repeat forever. If you -r with -s, list files are shuffled every time. -s Shuffle play. If you give list file or a number of files, Splay will rearrange them randomly. And with -r every time the order of files is changed. -v[v[v]] Verbose, Very verbose, Very very verbose. -M Play MPEG file from standard input. -V Show version number. -t num num of frames were saved during playing. When CPU is so busy and prevents splay from decoding, splay will play back using saved frames. This feature lets you do other job freely while listening to MPEG music. -k num num of frames are skipped at the start of playing. -d dev Change device file. Default device file is /dev/dsp. If you can't use this device file or you can output raw type data to file, you can use this option. If the first character of dev is / , dev would be considered as device file, If the first character of dev is - , dev would be considered as standard output, otherwise dev would be considered as normal file. -l list Select list file. http:// can be used. (e.g. http://localhost/abc.m3u) filenames You can put several files, and use http:// If you use -l option, these will be ignored. by Woo-jae Jung Aug 3 1997 SPLAY(1)