Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I can't remove rpm package
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat I can't remove rpm package Post 302766949 by zazzybob on Wednesday 6th of February 2013 01:30:47 AM
Old 02-06-2013
What does rpm -qi <package> return? The RPM database may be corrupt - you can run an rpm --rebuilddb to rebuild the RPM database, but read the documentation and understand the implications before doing so. It could also be that the pre-removal scripts are failing - try an rpm -e --force <package> to force the removal.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Rpm package

Hi All, I just recently installed UBUNTU 2.6.24-16 and i installed my phone software which is a RPM package (it's a similiar package with MSN). The software called MXIE. I managed to install it successfully but i can't run the software. When i try to run it, i received... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RPM Package - Rollback

Is it possible to rollback a package in Redhat ?I don't want to delete any packages. I have upgraded a package using rpm -Uvh & now i decided to use the old package, is it possible to revert it back to the original package ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydney2008
3 Replies

4. Linux

RPM Package question

Hi, I have built one RPM last year. now we have another version of that RPM. in previous release we had few extra files then now. so when user upgrade it those files get deleted by RPM package. We want to retain those files. now for workaround i thought of backing up those file during... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Build Rpm package

Hi Everybody, I would like to know how to build an RPM package. Could you please let me know how to do it with the procedure. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issue with rpm package

Hello I have Storage foundation 6.0 version to install in redhat 6.0, so while trying to install one of the application it say to install some dependencies packages so when i try to install the dependencies again it ask for the dependencies so its a lengthy process i say. so now can i get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyrus.ranjith
1 Replies

10. AIX

Does not appear to be a RPM package

Hi Guys I got this error when I try to install perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm package rpm -ivh perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm error: perl-5.24.0-1.aix6.1.ppc.rpm does not appear to be a RPM package (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
4 Replies
PMDARPM(1)						      General Commands Manual							PMDARPM(1)

NAME
pmdarpm - RPM packages performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/pmdarpm [-C] [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-r path] [-U username] DESCRIPTION
pmdarpm is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics reflecting the state of the RPM package database managed by rpm(1). The rpm PMDA exports metrics that describe each package installed on a system, as well as some cumulative totals. When the RPM database changes the PMDA automatically detects this and uses a background thread to asynchronously refresh its values. A brief description of the pmdarpm command line options follows: -C Verify the package iteration code by scanning the RPM database once, then exiting. Only useful for problem diagnosis and testing. -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named rpm.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdarpm is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -r Specify an alternate path to the RPM database (default is /var/lib/rpm/Packages). -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the rpm performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm # ./Remove pmdarpm is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdarpm $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/help default help text file for the rpm metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/Install installation script for the pmdarpm agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/Remove undo installation script for the pmdarpm agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/rpm.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdarpm PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
PCPIntro(1), pmcd(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDARPM(1)