Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to produce a executable Oracle script from bash script? Post 302766885 by jediwannabe on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 07:24:38 PM
Old 02-05-2013
Hi cero, thanks for the answer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a script (Bash, KornShell, etc.) executable by mouse clicking?

Hello everybody, Is there any way to make a script (Bash, KornShell, etc.) executable by mouse clicking? For example you have a file myscript.sh, you run: $ chmod u+x myscript.sh Therefore it becomes executable and all you need is to run from the terminal: $./myscript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to produce a file

hi i got a file called essay which contain few pages with many paragraphs. now i wanna with PERL to produce another file which called Essaylist that contain a sorted list of words that appear in the file essay. the format for Essaylist: $word found $times times on page a b c.... where $word... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Caller Script should produce and email from 4 different script within it

Hi I wrote a shell script , which includes one output file which is emailed back to me , when the script runs . Now i want to slip the script into 4 different shell scripts each of which taking the parameter PROD or DEV, and include all the 4 different shell scripts in a caller script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to produce report of High Utilization Processes

Hi, I have requirement to produce a report on high CPU utilization processes and the processes lying on the CPU for long time (Long running queries). The report should append into the files every 3 minutes. I use prstat to pull top 5 and found the following result. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinakarmani
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Executable in Bash Script

Hey guys, so I've been trying to write a bash script called runSorter.sh that runs an executable that also takes in some parameters and outputs the results to a text file. The executable, sorter, takes in a number parameter. I want to make it so that you can input as many number parameters into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duo11
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create an executable bash script for these commands?

I wish to create an executable bash script that will run the following commands as root, that is, using sudo su iptables-save | awk '/^ / { print $1 } /^:+ / { print $1 " ACCEPT" ; } /COMMIT/ { print $0; }' | iptables-restoreMy first attempt at bash... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thixeqi
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making bash script allways executable when transfer ?

Does it possible to make some bash script automatic to be a executable when transfered to another pc...? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script make itself executable

Is there a way to make this make itself executable? Thanks. :-) cat > somescript.sh << \EOF #!/bin/bash block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Block count:/ {print $NF}') reserved_block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Reserved block count:/ {print $NF}') perl -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)													    OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)

oci_set_module_name - Sets the module name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_module_name (resource $connection, string $module_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the module name for Oracle tracing. The module name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitoring such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $module_name - User chosen string up to 48 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the module name <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the module oci_set_module_name($c, 'Home Page'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the // modules in use: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select module from v$session; SEE ALSO
oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)