Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with iostat
Operating Systems AIX Help with iostat Post 302766869 by oracledba1024 on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 03:18:56 PM
Old 02-05-2013
Thanks that's really cool.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iostat output what is that mean

Hi all, i have run iostat -em, and get below result. Can i know what is this output meaning, and how to fix that problem. iostat -em ---- errors --- device s/w h/w trn tot sd7 0 1 0 1 sd8 1 1 0 2 sd9 0 1 0 1 sd10 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: foongkt5220
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help with iostat ...

All, I am attempting to help tune a Sun for better performance (mainly for SAS 9.1), and have found indicators pointing to poor I/O utilization. I have run iostat -cx, and found one device in particular where the %w is in the 90's during processing. I have a feeling that this is where the SAS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dj_is
3 Replies

3. AIX

how to identified this iostat value

Hi All AIX expert i'm using AIX 5.2 When i execute this command which is : ---------------------------------------------------------------------- >> iostat -a System configuration: lcpu=4 disk=30 tty: tin tout avg-cpu: % user % sys % idle % iowait ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
2 Replies

4. Solaris

iostat -Eni

Sorry for asking basics. What exactly is the situation if device ID is same in iostat -Eni. What we must do then? Is there any relation b/w iostat and cfgadm? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayahari
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

iostat on solaris

Friends. I have to compare iostat -x output with a tool on solaris. Now there is column called wait in the output field which is showing zero. Now, in order to create some load on my system this is what i am doing I am creating a file using dd command , the size of which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

iostat on Redhat 5

A find for the "iostat" command on a redhat 5 update 4 comes back with no results. Any separate rpm needs to be installed to get the binary for this ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

7. Solaris

iostat -En errors

I all, I would like to know what are the causes of : -soft error -harderror -transport error and how to avoid and repare them. I got the iostat out put below: atng-mm01% iostat -En | grep -i hard c0t0d0 Soft Errors: 1 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 c0t0d1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaza
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transport errors in iostat

Hi Unix experts, I have a question regarding a disk failure seen in "iostat -Enm" output: # iostat -Enm c1t0d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 7 Transport Errors: 9 Vendor: FUJITSU Product: MAU3073NCSUN72G Revision: 0802 Serial No: 0514F005M0 Size: 73.40GB <73400057856 bytes> Media... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dyavuzy1
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

IOSTAT monitoring

Does anyone have an example of IOSTAT -eE in a script??????? Need to see the syntax in a script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to use IOSTAT command

Hello everyone, Can you please explain me what kind of information do IOSTAT show ? iostat -xnz 3 show me those informations: The I/O of the c0t0d0 disk is normal ? extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
3 Replies
iostat(1)						      General Commands Manual							 iostat(1)

Name
       iostat - report I/O statistics

Syntax
       iostat [ -c ] [ -t ] [ disknames ] [ interval ] [ count ]

Description
       The  command  reports  I/O  statistics for terminals, disks and cpus.  For terminals the number of input and output characters are counted.
       For disks the number of 512 byte blocks per second and number of transfers per second are displayed.  For cpus, it provides the	percentage
       of  time  the system has spent in user mode, in user mode running low priority (niced) processes, in system mode, and idling.  On multipro-
       cessor systems these cpu statistics represent a cumulative summary of all the cpus.

The optional disknames argument causes disk statistics to be displayed for the specified disks.	If this argument  is  not  specified  then
       disk statistics will be displayed for the first 3 disks only.

The  optional interval argument causes to report once each interval seconds.  The first report is for all time since a reboot and each sub-
       sequent report is for the last interval only.

The optional count argument restricts the number of reports.

Options
       -c   Displays the percentage of time each cpu spent in user mode, running low priority (nice'd) processes, in system mode, and idling.

-t   Displays the number of characters read from and written to terminals.

Examples
       This example will cause cpu and disk statistics for the 5 disks ra0, ra1, ra2, ra3, and ra4.
	    iostat ra0 ra1 ra2 ra3 ra4
       This example will cause cpu, terminal, and disk statistics for ra0 to be displayed and updated every 2 seconds.
	    iostat -t ra0 2

Files
See Also
       vmstat(1), cpustat(1)

iostat(1)